C h a p t e r 13 - Drama drama drama

Alice's POV:

I got up pretty early to make sure that I had time to get myself looking nice. I mean it wasn't to look nice for Oliver of course. I mean why would I do that I mean I don't like him. I mean well he's nice and sweet and good looking. I mean even if I did like him it wouldn't work out.

He asked to go to breakfast with him and I said yes. We arrived at the cafe where we went on the date a few months ago, and to be clear cut this was feeling really awkward. We ordered something to eat and sat down at a table.

I was trying to think everything through. would this be a good idea? what if we just run away and leave all our family problems.

"Alice? are you listening to me?" Oliver said trying to get my attention. "oh, sorry umm... there's just a lot to take in right now." I admitted. He replied with an understanding look on his face. "I know this is going to be hard but we got to do what we got to do."

Just then the cafe door opened and I think that my soul left my body. It was my EX and he was with his new girlfriend I think I saw her at the party. I try not to make eye contact, it's pretty obvious because Oliver looked concerned. Really concerned, was he in trouble?

"Are, you okay?" I ask. By this point, he has turned pale as a ghost. Then I realize who the other person was. It was Chealse Burns I had never met her before but she's well known in the community for being a really rude and annoying person, who dates men with very high-income levels.

A loud high pitch screech of excitement filled the cafe as Chealse had noticed Oliver and me. "Oh My Goodness, this is just great!" she says out loud. She practically drags Chase to our table and just smiles at us weirdly.

Oliver is super uncomfortable at this point and so was I.

"What a coincidence!" Chase adds. "You don't mind if we sit with you do you?" she asks. I give a small nod. and they both take a seat.

"That was super exciting!" Chelsea says. "I mean engagement! how did you get him to propose to you? I've given him hints since when we were dating but I just thought that he was stupid," she says freely. What was she talking about? Was she Oliver's ex? I had so many questions.

"Oh, you this he's bad you should have seen her! I told her to take the money her parents would give her and buy a house so we could move out of the crappy apartment." Chase tells the group. "Ollie, what did you do?" Chase asks Oliver. I looked over to see how Oliver was doing, he looked angry, looked like he was going to snap.

"Did you get her pregnant?"

Chase said it so freely and Chelsea giggles to add to his point, that no one would willingly want to be with me. Oliver stood up and I knew what he was going to do, he was going to hit him, I grabbed him and told him that it wasn't worth it. We left the establishment, while Chase was taunting us acting like he was 5 years old.

We got in the car and Oliver started driving. "Could you drop me home?" I said quietly. "Unfortunately, I don't think not talking about what just happened is a choice," he said back to me.

"That's just how Chase is, trust me I don't mind," I try to explain to him. "Well, that's not good enough for me," he says.

"Okay, 'Mr. LET'S TALK' what about you and Chelsea, huh? What was that all about?" I was annoyed at this point. "I don't want to talk about that," he said back to me. "Well will you look at that, you want me to tell you everything but I can't ask you anything." he was quiet at this point.

"You might look classier than you did from when we were in school and you might be older, but you're just as childish as you used to be, please drop me off at my apartment Oliver Kingston," I say without stuttering. Maybe I was a bit harsh but he's a grown man and he should know how to behave, by now.

The car came to a halt and I stepped out of the vehicle. I wait for a second to see if he would say anything, but then again nothing. I turn around to face and say "I appreciate the drive home and the breakfast, goodbye Oliver," and I went to my flat.

Word count: 802

Hi, how are you all holding up! I have gone mad.

Sorry that it took forever to upload this chapter but school is officially over and now I have some time on my hands to spend writing. Don't forget to like and comment. Thank you so much for 2K, Love you and stay safe!