27

I soon found out that Minho is though to beat. I'm not that bad at Mario Kart myself and I always end up second with not too much difference from the older. We race through map after map; grumble volcano, bowser castle, koopa cape, and even rainbow road. I only fell off once in the last said, which must be a new record.

Minho laughed at that and told me that every shooting star you see at night is a racer falling off rainbow road.

I snorted and lost focus for a split second, which caused me to spin off the road and get stuck into a mud puddle in toad factory. And I ended up second again. It was getting old and I started to wonder if I could ever defeat the older.

After losing the tenth battle in a row, I start to grow frustrated. Minho never told me he was this good at Mario Kart and it's apparently impossible to beat him. I always finish second, every single match we've done so far.

Allow me to correct my previous statement; it's impossible to beat him with fair-play. A plan slowly comes together in my mind and I smirk as Minho selects the next map, delfino square

It's getting late and I'm gradually growing tired. I deserve a win too, don't I?

The roaring of digital engines fills the bedroom once more, accompanied by the cheerful music that comes with this map. I watch how Mario and Luigi race through the map, controlled by us. I manage to stay second throughout the first two laps, despite being hit by red shells pretty often. Now it's the third and final lap and Minho is a good distance ahead of me. The music has sped up and so did my heart. It's time for my plan.

My eyes never leave the game as I slowly scoot over to Minho, who's still lying flat on his stomach, tongue poking through his lips as he's completely lost in the match. He doesn't even notice how I'm much closer all of a sudden.

So I attack.

In one swift movement, I jump up and sit on his back, my legs straddling the boy. A weird shriek leaves his mouth and I watch in satisfaction as Mario spins out of control while I somewhat manage to keep Luigi on track. And then there's the glorious moment where I drive past Mario, who's come to a halt off-track. For the first time since we started this game, I feel victorious.

But not for long.

Minho immediately tosses his controller away, not even bothering to pause the game before opening the counterattack. He harshly probs himself up and I fall backward, landing with my back onto the soft mattress before he whirls around and pins me down.

"You shouldn't have done that," he growls, his hot breath tickling my cheeks because he's that close. His eyes are dark as he looks down on me, the dangerous glint within them impossible to miss. My heart rate increases dangerously, accelerating past the fast music that still comes through the speakers.

"You'll regret this, Han Jisung," Minho lowly whispers, his grip on my wrists tightening ever so slightly. My mouth feels unnaturally dry as I attempt to swallow, never breaking eye contact with the boy hovering over me.

"R-Regret?" I repeat, my voice betraying me as I try to stay cool when his eyes linger to my lips and remain there a moment too long.

"Or not," the oldest states with a smirk. His eyes find mine again and he seems to hesitate for a moment before he gets rid of the last distance between us and his lips touch mine harshly.

My mind goes entirely blank for a moment. The world has stopped spinning and everything revolves around Minho instead as his soft lips move against mine. It's only a matter of mere seconds before I leave my petrified state as his touch ignites something within me.

I firmly wiggle one of my wrists free from his grip and let my now free hand rest behind his neck for the much-needed support as I lightly tilt my head and kiss him back. My heart is on fire and judging from the sudden rise of temperature between us, so is his. The kiss we share involuntarily deepens and a strangled sound leaves the older's mouth, muffled by the absence of space between our lips.

We both pull back with a gasp after that, startled by that unexpected sound. There's a strange moment as we stare at each other a little too long, our eyes widened with shock as realization dawns upon us. Then Minho quickly rolls off me, landing on his back and lying next to me. I watch how his chest rises and falls as he reaches out and turns off the tv.

"I-I think it's a good time to go to sleep," he mutters, collecting our two lost controllers and hiding them in the drawer next to his bed.

"W-What?" I ask, my eyes following the boy as he jumps off the bed to turn off the light. Then it's all dark and I can only hear Minho's footsteps as he approaches the bed again.

"You didn't know? You're sleeping over," Minho states with a soft chuckle. I feel the mattress dipping as he climbs under the blankets and the sheets rustle as he makes himself comfortable.

Ignoring the embarrassment that entered my consciousness, I slowly lift the blankets and slip under them. Then I lay flat on my back, staring up at the ceiling that's made invisible by the darkness. There's still a good distance left between us, thanks to his queen-sized bed but that doesn't change anything to the fact that we're still sleeping together.

I listen to Minho's soft breathing, that has returned to normal again. Meanwhile, I still feel like I've just run an entire marathon without a single break. I'm exhausted but wide awake at the same time. My mind is a whirlwind of thoughts and within the storm comes a full realization. I slowly bring up my hand and my fingers brush my lips ever so lightly.

Minho just kissed me.

"Goodnight, Ji," the boy next to me yawns, his voice laced with the slumber that's about to get the best of him.

I let out a last shaky breath before I force myself to steady my breathing. My mind is still running mad but there's one thought becoming more and more clear and somehow, that thought brings peace in the turmoil. This kiss, it felt so right. I don't know what it means for Minho, maybe even nothing. But it does to me.

"I regret nothing, hyung," I whisper a little while after his goodnight. I know how he's probably sound asleep already but I don't mind. The softest chuckle next to me tells me otherwise.

As a response, I feel his fingers intertwine with mine.

--

*wipes forehead*

*wipes forehead*

Secret: the counter-attack was supposed to be something with tickles but I guess Minho's car wasn't the only thing that spun out of control?