44

"It's okay in the shadows but damn it's hot in the sun," I complain as we enter Minho's apartment, dropping the old blanket next to the couch as I plop down onto the soft cushion.

I quickly brush some sweat off my forehead, wiping away some sticky strands of hair in the progress. I sigh in relief as the coolness of the apartment hits me.

We've spent the entire day outside, even eating dinner before we would head back to Minho's home. It was far past dinnertime when we decided to return and yet, it was still uncomfortably hot. Funny, seeing how the sun was about to set. It was fun outside, but I'm glad to be back inside his more comfortable apartment.

"I'm burning up inside," Minho groans as he plops down next to me, rolling his head back to let it rest on the backrest of the couch. "When is summer finally over? I can't take it anymore."

"Look at you being all overdramatic," I jokingly scoff, smacking the other's upper arm. "I can see you've been hanging out with Hyunjin lately. He's rubbing off on you. How's that assignment going, by the way?"

"You're really behind, Ji, we handed it in weeks ago," the older chuckles and I grin sheepishly.

"Oops," I mutter. So that's why both of them never mentions it anymore.

"Did you get a good mark?"

"The best mark one can get," the older grins smugly and I stare at him in disbelief.

"Don't tell me you got 100%, I'm definitely not believing that."

"No, dumbass. We scored 69%." Minho wiggles his brows suggestively and I scrunch up my nose in disgust.

"Minho, what the fuck-" I snicker, but a pillow suddenly hitting me in the face cuts me off.

"Respect your elders!" the boy scolds as I peel the pillow of my face, giving him a scornful look.

 "You're asking for this, hyung," I growl, grabbing the pillow and smacking him in the face before he can stop me from taking my sweet revenge. My attack is a success; Minho screeches and his limbs flail around aimlessly before he snatches the pillow from my hand and suddenly, the blue fluffy weapon is in his possession.

He smirks dangerously and cherishing my own safety, I jump off the couch and make a run for it, yelling on top of my lungs. Running with socks on a wooden floor is a whole obstacle itself and I nearly slip more than once before I reach a pillow that was discarded somewhere into the far end of his living room earlier; pillow fights are a reoccurring event here in this household.

Minho's footsteps approach quickly and before he has a chance to attack me, I whirl around and lunge forward, hitting him with the smaller gray cushion as much as I can before he catches my wrist and prevents me from attacking the older.

With a shrieking war cry, I escape from his grip and dash off, stumbling forward as the older's pillow collides with my back with a soft thud. But I keep my balance and I speed towards the couch, nearly tripping over one of his cats that decided to flee towards the kitchen at full speed. As I run past the couch, I hastily grab another pillow, nearly slipping in the process.

Before I can dash off again, Minho's body slams against mine and I nearly lose my balance. Pillows are everywhere around my head and the world starts spinning for a second before I swing a pillow towards him, catching him by surprise and sending one of his weapons -a grey pillow with a cat on it- flying. We both watch how it flies to a far corner of the living room, remaining there uselessly before resume our fight, that's now two pillows against one (with a stronger wielder, that is).

But for once, I'm intending to win and I aggressively push forward, hitting him with my pillows once after another and over again. I watch how his smirk slowly disappears as all he can do is holding up his remaining pillow to use it as a shield against my assault.