50

Well, almost complete.

There are still a few things that need to be taken care of before I can finally let everything behind me. One of them is closure, and today proved itself to be the perfect opportunity to find it.

Days flew by and the weekend was around the corner soon. It's Saturday, the day Minho and I usually spend in the shopping streets surrounding his apartment in order to collect the needed groceries. Today is no different and we walk in and out of many stores, making this grocery-trip much longer than needed. But we don't mind, we always have a good time out here.

After spending a good two hours outside and our bags already loaded with stuff we actually don't even need, we enter the real grocery store, our last stop for today. It's empty in the store and we appear to be the only customers so we take our time and just wander through the aisles aimlessly, more goofing around than anything else.

But in front of the cooling department, Minho drags me to a halt and my eyes wander over the massive amount of desserts stored behind the glass doors. My eyes widen at all the flavors and I suddenly feel like a little kid that's allowed to pick a special dessert for once.

"Let's treat ourselves tonight," the oldest mutter, his eyes lingering over the cooling shelves.

"Yay," I cheer quietly before a movement in the corner of my eye catches my attention. I look up, only to find an awfully familiar figure scanning a shelve, completely oblivious of our presence. My hearts skips a beat as anxiety suddenly courses through my veins but I swallow and quickly force it to the depths of my subconsciousness; that person already caused me enough trouble and I can't let him get to me any longer, not now that I finally found happiness behind his back.

Yet, my heart keeps beating uncontrollably as I lightly tap Minho's shoulder, grabbing the other's attention.

"Hyung, my dad's here," I whisper, stealing a glance towards the man at the end of the aisle.

Minho immediately follows my gaze and as his eyes land on the male, he laces his fingers through mine and gives my hand a reassuring squeeze. "Do you want to get out of here?" he asks, keeping his voice low.

I ponder about it for a split second, but then I narrow my eyes with a sudden determination. "Nah, let's stay here," I reply as an idea forms in my mind. "He pissed me off too damn often, it's time to return the favor."

"Ah, you want to give him a little show, huh?" the older grins knowingly before moving behind me and snaking his arms around my waist. Resting his chin on my shoulder, he chuckles, "well, then, let's give him one."

Then he takes a small breath and in a light tone, he loudly asks, "tell me, baby, what do you want for dinner tonight?" 

"Mmm, I have no idea hyung, everything you cook is delicious," I answer truthfully, only exaggerating my tone a little bit.

Minho lets out a breathy laugh, his hot breath fanning my ear and a shiver runs down my spine involuntarily. "Aww, my Jisungie is so indecisive," he coos, making sure his voice is audible on the other end of the aisle.

And then it happens. At the mention of my name, I see my dad spinning around from my peripheral vision and I mentally curse my body for freezing. But I force out a laugh, leaning a little more into Minho's chest.

"I'm sorryyy," I whine softly, cringing internally for this overexaggerated cute scene. I'm open for soft hours but this is a little too much if you'd ask me. The anxious feeling that stiffens my body and makes my heart go wild doesn't make it any better and I feel really uncomfortable right now.

Of course, the older notices immediately and he tightens his grip on my waist, hugging me a little closer to comfort me. I smile softly and sneak a sideways glance towards my dad, seeing how he still stands frozen, his hand that holds a milk carton remaining mid-air idly as he stares at the scene unfolding in front of him.