14

The remaining days of the week flew by, creating yet another blur in the daily life of a high-schooler. They were boring but at least I survived them without getting detention.

My best friend's prediction was right and Minho showed up every lunch break, only to be dragged away by his friends a moment later. It nearly felt weird not seeing him while eating my lunch in solitude.

Now it's a sunny Saturday afternoon and I'm out on the streets because why not? The temperatures are amazing and it feels pretty good to be outside in something different than my school uniform. This weather is meant for shorts with a simple tee, not for a full uniform. The fake, synthetic material makes it suffocating to wear with higher temperatures.

With the remnants of an ice cream in my hand -just a cone, the ice cream itself is already eaten- I stroll past many shop windows, admiring the items displayed behind them. I didn't go out with a specific purpose, just to enjoy the weather and be away from home for a while.

Both my parents are off from work on Saturdays.

Besides that, it would be stupid to let a day like this go to waste. I usually spend my weekends behind my playstation but going outside just felt like a good plan for a change.

I'm not the only one, the streets are crowded with people that are enjoying the weather with a nice stroll though the shopping streets. With friends, family or alone, like me.

I swallow the last piece of waffle and stuff my hands into my pockets, continueing my stroll down the walkway. I'm just heading into random directions, as long as it's away from home.

My legs take me to a large plaza amidst the shopping district, complete with an elegantly decorated fountain in the center, food stalls surrounding the place and stone benches everywhere, occupied by many visitors. The plaza is bathing in sunlight and soft music provided by some street musicians mingles with the chatter of the people, creating a pleasant atmosphere that matches well with the sunny weather.

I decide to give my poor feet a break and sit down on the only free bench left. I'm not used to walking this much and my soles start to feel slightly painful.

I close my eyes and breathe soflty, relishing this relaxing moment. The warmth of the sunrays tickles my face and with the sounds blending in with the background, I can feel myself slowly dozing off.

But a loud "hey you!" from behind startles me and I open my eyes. Many people glanced up at the call, lacking any indication to who it was directed. I wouldn't have looked up if the voice didn't sound so awfully familiar.

I turn around, only to find Minho approaching me, a loose grin playing on his lips. I'm not even surprised as he casually plops down next to me.

Is this turning into a cliche fanfiction in which the two main characters keep running ito each other?

"Jisungie, fancy meeting you here," he greets me, the everlasting hint of enthusiasm again present in his voice.

Involuntarily, a smile finds its way to my lips as I greet him back with a simple, "hey, hyung."

"I was just looking for someone to explore the new arcade with," Minho explains, motioning his hand towards where the arcade is probably located. "You know, going on your own is pretty lame."

"Wait, so you just go out and hope to run into someone?" I ask with a hint of disbelief because who does that? "Are you aware that we have cellphones nowadays?"

"Okay, I actually decided to go there when I spotted you," the older admits, turning to me with a sheepish grin. "So, you wanna come?"

"Sure, why not?" I reply a little too fast, a little too happy. Not seeing him today after him showing up every lunch break nearly felt off and it's almost a sense of relief that washes over me now that he's here.