24

Despite the tension that hung in the air between us after the little... incident, we stayed in that playground for a couple of hours. We didn't do anything, really. Just lying inside that hammock, having lazy conversations and dozing off every now and then. Just a relaxed afternoon enjoying the sun and each other's company, even though it was a little bit awkward.

I think we both came to the unspoken agreement not to mention what happened between us. Instead, we talked about school, his assignment, clouds that resembled things and persons -according to Minho- and the older told me many stories about his cats. But that little challenge and the kiss on the cheek after that left us both unsettled, restless.

We both tried to hide it but I still felt it in the air. And I sure he did, too. 

Despite that, he still had his arm around my shoulder and my head rested on his shoulder for hours, lying much closer to each other than friends should. I mean, I would never do this with Hyunjin and he's been my best friend for years and we're pretty close.

Maybe that's why I never realized I craved attention like this, because I simply didn't know what I was missing. Maybe that's why I grew attached to the older unnaturally fast. Maybe that's why I feel lonely when he isn't around. It's not like me to become so close with someone so easily, not at all. And yet, it happened with Minho.

Unconsciously, I inch closer to the boy next to me and nuzzle my face in the crook of his neck, inhaling his scent.

He smells like summer, sweet yet fresh and with a faint hint of sweat mixed along. But does that matter? How would you smell after spending an entire day in the sun? Being this close to Minho, nothing bothers me anymore.

Minho chuckles at my action, softly stroking my shoulder a few times before nudging my arm. "Hey Ji, I think it's time to go."

I frown at his words, sleepily lifting my arm to shield my eyes from the sun as I open them. "What if I don't want to?" I mutter, sneaking a glance at the other from my peripheral vision. My vision is slightly blurred and I frown, again.

"Pabo, you're half asleep," the older laughs softly as he sits up, grabbing my shoulders before shaking me back and forth.

I groan and squeeze my eyes shut as my jaw stretches into a massive yawn. As I open my eyes again, I feel much more awake and the world is a lot less blurry.

"Yeah, sorry," I shrug, moving away from the boy next to me and slowly sitting up.

"Don't be," Minho quickly tells me with a smile. "It was cute how you snuggled up to me like that."

"I did that?" I ask, still too sleepy to feel any embarrassment. "Woah, I'm confident when I sleep."

With a soft chuckle, Minho slips his phone from his pocket. But then his smile turns into a frown as he looks at me again.

"You should go home, squirrel," he sighs, stuffing his phone back. "It's nearly dinnertime."

With great aversion, I swing my feet over the edge of the hammock until they reach the ground. I want to stay here with Minho a little longer. But he's right, I have to leave now if I don't want to be late for dinner.

Fearing that I might not make it, I quickly take out my phone and I message my mom that I'm possibly a few minutes late. And then it's really time to leave, even though I really don't want to.

The older must've seen it on my face. He jumps us as well, placing his hand on my shoulder with his signature easy smile. "Don't miss me too much, baby. I'll see you tomorrow at school."

I let out a surprised gasp as the unexpected nickname reaches my ears, skillfully hiding it with a small couch before Minho can suspect anything. He already teased me enough for one day, I think I deserve a break from the embarrassment that comes with it.

"You like it when I call you that, don't you?" Minho smugly asks and a smirk reaches his lips as he watches my expression change to something close to the face you make after being busted.

Because maybe I did like it.

 "Just because you're older doesn't give you the right to call me baby," I gruffly scold him, looking everywhere but at his face because he'll see right through me. I'm a bad liar, especially to him.

"I could've called you babyboy instead, but I didn't," he shrugs, tilting his head to the side as he looks at me with his round, innocent eyes. "I mean, unless you want me to call that. I would-"

"What the heck, I'm leaving," I interrupt him, spinning around on my heels and stomping off. It's mostly to hide my crimson red cheeks and partly because I can't stand the teasing any longer. Minho knows he owns this game.

"See you tomorrow, hyung."

Without turning around, I greet him and leave the playground, ignoring his laughter that follows me. Once I'm sure he can't see me anymore, I cover my burning cheeks with my hands, letting out a frustrated groan. That boy is always getting to me, how does he do it?

For once, I'm glad it's a ten-minute walk to my house because I would have a lot of explaining to do when I show up at the door beet-red and flustered. Of course, they would blame it on love instantly and they will fire me with questions about her name and they would urge me to bring her with me once. They are desperate for me to find someone.

It would be impossible to explain that it's a him that makes me feel this way. It doesn't matter how happy I feel around him; my parents would never accept it.

Soon, I open the front door and step inside, greeted by the delicious smell of my mother's cooking that enters my nostrils. I kick off my shoes and throw my schoolbag in the corner before I proceed into the kitchen, where my parents are already eating. Judging from the amount of food that's still on their plates, I'm not that late.

"Hi mom, hi dad," I greet them before I sit down on my usual chair. My plate is already there and my mom gives me a soft smile.

"It was good of you to text me," she praises. "Glad to see that you're memory seems to be improving and you actually remembered, huh?"

I smile knowingly at her words because I know I have a habit of forgetting to keep my parents up-to-date about my whereabouts, often disappearing without anyone knowing where I am. I did that sometimes before I met Minho but now it's even worse because everything just resolves about my time with the older boy when I'm with him. It's like the outside world just stops existing for a moment.

"Jisung, before I forget," my dad suddenly speaks up and my chopsticks freeze mid-air as I turn to look at him with a questioning look.

"There's a business party this Saturday," he explains. "You're reaching that age, where you should start to decide if you want to follow in my footsteps or not. That's why I expect you to come along with your mother and me."

I slowly nod, taking in his words. Even though I already know I don't really want to follow in his footsteps -working in an office all day isn't exactly what I want- I will still attend the party, just to keep my parents satisfied.

I already fail them in the most important part, huh?

--

I'm addicted to I See by J.One.

Just saying.