23

Minho promised me he'd spent more time with me this week.

I also found out that he's truly a man of his word.

Monday, he really made sure to give me more attention, even dragging me and Hyunjin along to a small coffee shop near the school during lunch break. We nearly didn't make it back in time but somehow, we managed to enter our classrooms within the last seconds before they would close so it was fine. Every time I would see him in the hallways between classes, he came over to talk to me, even though it was just for a minute. Eventually, it came to a point where even Hyunjin started to wonder what was going on.

I almost replied with "that's what happens after stealing my boy for a week," but I realized just in time that it would only give me more explaining to do and I don't want Hyunjin to switch to full fangirl-mode again. So I just shrugged instead.

Now it's Tuesday and I'm waiting outside on the spot that became our usual waiting spot. School got off early for everyone today because the staff organized something for the teachers. Minho invited both Hyunjin and me to hang out after school but Hyunjin kindly declined the offer, telling Minho that he had homework to do.

Later, when we were alone, he told me that he wasn't tagging along because I had to "get my man," or something stupid like that and again, that he doesn't feel like third-wheeling. I just rolled my eyes and he patted my back, wishing me luck before he went home.

Now I'm just standing here, wrapped in the shadow under a huge tree that only offers minimal shielding from the heat. With a small smile, I free myself from my uniform blazer and stuff it into my school bag, already knowing that Minho will force me to take it off anyway. He isn't wrong, though; it's much more comfortable in a white button-up than a dark blue blazer.

But I'm still not satisfied; the material is still sticky around my neck so I undo my tie and loosen the two upper buttons and after that, I finally feel the relief I needed. Sighing, I sit down on the bench behind me to wait for the older to arrive. I can't help but glance around every now and then. Can you get detention for wearing your uniform like this while you're still on the school grounds?

Well, it's their fault. Every single school around has changed to their summer uniforms. And then there's us, melting into a puddle of sadness because our school doesn't let us. Not yet, they say. But when are we allowed to wear them? When summer is over?

After what feels like an eternity, I spot Minho leaving the school building. Even from a distance, I can see the boredom on his face and I jump up, waving my arms through the air to grab his attention. "Hyung!" I call out.

My heart dances as his face lights up after seeing me. With the boredom wiped off his features, he approaches me with a wide smile. A smile that quickly turns into a smirk as he eyes me up and down.

"Ah, wearing your uniform like a delinquent, I see?" he states, pointing at my exposed neck and the small dent between my collarbones.

"Shut up, it was hot," I retort, fighting the urge to cover the exposed spot with my hand.

"Hot, indeed," the other mumbles. Then he follows my example and removes his blazer and tie.

And of course, he looks much better like that than I do.

"Yah, what did you have in mind for today?" I ask, trying my best not to get too distracted when he unbuttons the top buttons of his button-up. I frantically shake my head, causing the world to spin around me. When I stop, I find the other looking at me with a playful grin.

"Take a picture, it'll last longer," Minho jokingly suggests, shooting a wink.

"I definitely wasn't staring at you," I defend myself, folding my arms in front of my chest and looking away with a huff.