Chapter: 72 hours Left

Colby's POV
Monday

Last night was horrible. I couldn't sleep at all. All that was going through my mind was, What do 3 days mean?

Sam was a complete mess. He hadn't eaten, left his room or barely spoken since we received the letter. I wish I could tell him everything was going to be okay, but I couldn't. I would be lying to myself and him.

Which psychopath would kidnap our brothers and send '3 days'. I pulled my hair in frustration. Ben and Gage's screaming kept going through my head, I hadn't slept and I looked like a zombie. I got up from my desk and went over to Sam's room.

I knocked on the door, no answer. I kept knocking, and still, no answer. After a few minutes, I opened Sam's door and saw him in the corner, with his knees to his chest, and tears going down his face. I went over to him and wrapped my arms around his body. We sat there for a while in silence. Eventually, I broke the silence.

"Sam, are you okay?" I know it was a dumb question since he obviously wasn't okay, but it doesn't hurt to ask. He didn't answer back. 

"Look. I know you're sad. I'm sad too, but we can't just sit here doing nothing. We should be looking for our brothers and trying to figure out what 3 days mean. Us sitting here isn't going to help them. So get up and help me find our brothers." I stood up and held my hand out.

"You're right." Sam took my hand and wiped his tears with the other, we went downstairs to the kitchen and just stood there. 

Devyn had gone somewhere a couple of hours ago still annoyed at us for "not telling her the truth" I don't think she will ever believe us. I'm surprised she didn't hear me and Sam balling our eyes out yesterday.

"How exactly are we going to look for our brothers," Sam said playing with his fingers.

"We should make a list of people who could have a reason to kidnap them, then narrow it down." I grabbed a notebook from the counter and started writing people's names.

                               List:

Brennen- rejection
Katrina- jealousy
Jake- possible jealousy
Shea- hating Sam, jealousy

"Why is Jake on the list?" Sam asked looking over my shoulder.

"When Jake saw us cuddling on your bed, he looked sad and a little bit jealous."

"Oh okay, but who do we think would have the guts to actually kidnap someone." Sam seemed better, he didn't look as upset as he did before.

"Probably Brennen and Katrina." Katrina was capable of anything, if you crossed her, she would get all angry and shit like that.

"I think Brennen would be most likely to kidnap someone, he did get aggressive when you tried to leave." I didn't want to remember that day.

"We should go to their houses and see if their there." Sam nodded and I closed the notebook.

We went upstairs and get our keys, we decided to go separately so we could save time. I got in my car and sped all the way to his house. I climbed out of the house and ran up 6 flights of stairs and managed to only bump into 2 people. I got to his door and knocked on his door like a normal person, I waited for a response but I heard nothing. I banged on his door, now a little bit agitated and heard nothing.

When I was in boys scouts they had taught us how to pick a lock, I grabbed a Bobby pin out of my pocket (don't ask why I had it, I just did) and wiggled it around until I heard a click. I turned the doorknob and entered his apartment, it was a mess a lamp was on the floor, broken glass on the counter and smashed the wall. I wonder what happened here.

I looked around his apartment and found no sign of him. I left his apartment not wanting to be there anymore. I got into my car and went back to the house.

As I was pulling into the driveway, I saw Sam also pulling into the driveway.  I got out of my car and walked over to him.

"Was she there?" I asked closing the door of my car.

"No, her house looked untouched, it felt weird." He said locking his car.

"Was Brennen there?"

"Nah, his house looked like a mess though." I looked down at the ground and noticed an envelope.

I picked it up and showed Sam. I didn't want to open it, but I had to know if there were any clues to where they were. I tore the envelope and saw a picture it was of Ben and Gage sitting in a chair with their heads down, a knife held to there throats. I looked over to Sam, he had tears running down his face and so did I.

I looked into the envelope and saw a letter.

Sam and Colby,
  You have 2 days, to tell your parents that you're gay. If you do not we will kill them in a blink of an eye.

The one thing me and Sam both feared was coming out to our parents. It's not the worst thing but when we were younger both our parents had told us, if they had a gay kid they would have killed them. Sam and I were sobbing and sitting on the ground.

We had to tell our parents, I don't want us to be blamed for our brother's deaths.
When I find out who this person is, they will regret living. I'm not a violent person but when it came to family I would do anything.

Later that night I booked Sam and me a  flight to Kansas. We had no idea what was going to happen tomorrow, but what we did know was, it wasn't going to be good.