Chapter: The Hatred In Me

Sam's POV
Saturday

Last night I didn't sleep at all, I didn't feel as tired as I thought I would. Today I was going to go see if I could talk to Colby. I was also getting discharged today since my injuries were minor.

I sat in bed waiting for the nurse to come in with my discharge papers. All I wanted to do was get Colby's memory back and start the plan, but I knew it would take a while.

"Hello Sam, I'm going to need you to sign these papers for me." The nurse said in a child's voice.

I signed the papers and handed them back to her. I grabbed my bag of clothes that she had set on my bed, I went into the bathroom and quickly changed. I finished changing and went out to the lobby.

It felt nice to not be stuck in a small room with nothing to do except drowning in your own thoughts. I stretched a little and made my way to the elevator. I got off on level 5 and tried to find Colby's room. His room was all the way at the end of the hallway.

I was about to open the door when instead someone else opened it. I looked up to see Dr.Webber exiting the room.

"Hello Sam, how are you doing since the accident." It was definitely not an accident.

"I'm doing alright, could I see Colby." I wanted nothing more than to end this conversation.

"I'm sorry but, we don't want to risk him having another seizure due to stress. He is doing better we just need more time to make sure he will be okay." I nodded my head sadly and walked away.

I was upset that I wouldn't be able to see Colby but I had to, if I didn't he would get worse. I went to the lobby and just sat there not really knowing what to do.

I had nowhere to go and my phone was dead at least I had money with me. Colby and I's stuff were still at the hotel where we stayed on the first night here. Gabe and Ben, we're still being held for examination and had to make some sort of recovery before they left. I was surprised that my parents hadn't asked where Ben was when I went to their place.

I went to the gift shop and bought a phone charger, then I ordered an Uber to take me to the nearest hotel which was 10 minutes away.

I got out of the Uber and went into the hotel. During the way to the hotel, I started to charge my phone, I had dozens of notifications that I didn't really care about except one. It was the miss calls from my parents. I wonder what those demons want.

I got a room key and went up to my room. I collapsed on the bed and started going to sleep. Until I heard my phone ring.

I looked over at my phone and saw the caller ID 'Mother' I picked up the phone because I knew they would call again.

"Hello."

"Oh my God Sam, I've been worried, how are you doing." I scoffed

"So now you care about me." I didn't know why she was acting like this, kind of creepy.

"I've always cared about you." Her voice made me want to throw my phone across the room.

"No, you haven't. You were disgusted when I came out to you and my father." 
She laughed. What is she laughing about?

"Honey we know it's just a phase your going through." All the anger that I had been holding in towards my parents was about to come out.

"It's not a phase, why can't you get that through your thick ass skull. I'm gay deal with it."

"Don't yell at me I'm your mother. You're just confused how many more times do I need to say it, being gay is disgusting. That little friend of yours got in your head." The last words hit me hard.

"You're not my mother, mothers love their children for who they are, and you don't love me for who I truly am. How many more TIMES DO I NEED TO TELL YOU IM GAY? Don't talk about Colby like that, he's my BOYFRIEND and I love him." I knew he wasn't my boyfriend but I just wanted to make her a little mad.

I waited for a response but never got one back. I hung up not waiting to hear what she had to say.

It felt good to go off on her but I still need to do something else but I just didn't know what.

I decided to not think about it until tomorrow. I hadn't slept and it was really affecting me. I rested my head back on the bed and drifted off to a peaceful sleep.