Chapert: Recovery

Colby's POV

Where am I? Why is there a needle in me? What's that beeping noise? Oh God, why does my shoulder hurt so much?

I grabbed my shoulder and winced at the pain, it felt like I got shot. I laid back on the bed and felt a sharp pain go through my head. I lifted my head back up to avoid any more pain. I heard a knock from the door and saw a man, he looked intimidating. Not going to lie I was scared.

"Hello, I'm Dr.Webber." Why does that last name sound so familiar?

"Um....h-hi." The man who said was a doctor looked at a brown board thing in his hands and wrote something.

"Do you remember your name?" I tried to remember my name but I couldn't.

"Is it..... Jack." I thought so hard my head started to hurt.

"Okay, what's the last thing you remember?"

"I don't know."

"Okay. Your name is Colby, I'll be right back." He left the room and left me to think.

So my name was Colby sounds familiar. I still don't know where I am. Where did that man go? it's been a long time. I heard another a knock and looked at the door. A guy with blonde hair and beautiful blue eyes walked in.

"Hi, Colby." How did he know my name?

"H-hi." The guy sat down next to me, he placed his hand on mine. I moved my hand as quickly as possible, I didn't even know him. Was he going to hurt me?

"W-who are you?" I looked over at him and saw what seemed like confusion in his eyes.

"I'm Sam your best friend, and possible boyfriend. Do you not remember me?" I tried to remember until all I saw was darkness.

Sam's POV

The doctor had told me I could see Colby, he never said anything about what was happening.

I looked at Colby and saw the confusion in his eyes. All of a sudden Colby started shaking violently and his eyes rolled back, the heart monitor was beeping loudly. Doctors and nurses rushed in and told me to leave.

Dr.Webber pulled me aside.

"What's happened to him?" I said holding back my tears.

"Colby had a seizure. I went to look at his charts and it seems like he has lost part of his memory." I felt my whole body go weak and my heartbreak. If I wasn't standing against a wall I would have collapsed.

"How did this happen? Is there any way to get his memory back?" I said sobbing.

"In the back of his head, there was a crack in his skull which most likely caused him to forget things. When the impact of the bullet hit him he fell back and hit his head. There are ways to fix his memory but you have to be patient and if he thinks too much he will have a seizure like he just did." It was a lot to take in but when I did I sobbed harder than I had ever in my life.

This was all my fault, there is no one else to blame except. I'm so stupid I'm the worst person ever me, I caused all of this. He doesn't remember our kisses or the prank or all the fun times we had. I wanted to feel pain but I couldn't I had to stay strong for Colby, it's my fault and now I have to fix it.

First thing I needed to do was find Brennen and Katerina, they needed to pay for what they did. I needed Colby to be safe and making them disappear was the only way I could do it.

I quickly told the doctor that I had to go before I caused any more damage, which I probably was going to do if I stayed any longer.

I called an uber and told him to drop me off at the nearest car rental. Since we were still in Kansas I didn't have my car, I got out of the uber and paid $100 for a car, for the day. I got into the car and drove back to the house in the woods. The hospital wasn't that far from the house. It took me 30 minutes to get there, I did speed on my way here and almost got into 3 car crashes.

I got out of the car and ran inside the house. I went upstairs to see if I could find any trace of them. The first room was empty and so was the second one.

I walked into the third room expecting to see nothing, but then I saw a whole map and a big desk. There were papers all over the desk and the map had several red pins. It looked like one of the maps that detectives used for when they are tracking someone.

I went closer to the map and saw they were all near the trap house. How long have they been planning this? I looked at the desk and saw the bills and letters.

I saw a bill for a motel called 'leopards motel' weird name. It looked like they had been staying there for a while. How did the police not see this? I went back out to the car and prepared myself for a 3-hour drive.

The only reason I was doing this was for Colby, they hurt him and now they need to pay for what they did. I'm not normally the violent type of person but right now all the anger in me was controlling me. I usually hid all my anger but when something happens that makes me snap I go ballistic, nobody can stop me not even Colby.