Chapter: After the bullet

Sam's POV
Thursday

It's all my fault. If I hadn't brought a gun Colby wouldn't of the gotten shot. He wouldn't have been in surgery right now fighting for his life. There's no one else to blame, except me.

The worst part is, those lunatics got away. Before I called 911, Brennen punched me in the face and threw me to the ground. It really hurt, if I wasn't panicking over Colby getting shot and bleeding to death I would have been the crying cause of how hard the punch was.

When Brennen pulled the trigger Colby had jumped in front of me to block the bullet, it was like an action movie. I still can't get the image of his bloody body on the ground, out of my head. He was only shot in the shoulder, but he was bleeding out.

Before I forget, Ben and Gage are doing better than when we found them. I was so happy that they hadn't killed them if they did little Sammy would have gone bananas on them. Even in my head, I'm trying to cheer myself up. Ben only had 2 broken ribs, a broken nose, shattered arm, a broken leg and some swelling in his brain. I'm thinking of it like it was nothing. Geez, I'm a horrible brother. On the other hand, Gabe was way worse, I guess he actually made an effort on defending himself. He had a broken nose, 4 broken ribs, cuts all over his face and arms, 1 broken leg, a  fractured wrist, and slight internal bleeding. He was also in surgery.

When the ambulance had come, they asked me the basic questions. My favorite question, was when they asked me. What my relation to Colby is, I said boyfriend it felt awesome to say that, even though we didn't know what we were yet. The police had come and asked me what had happened, I gave them the names of the lunatics. During the whole thing I was sobbing, the police officer barely understood what I was saying, but managed to get a description.

I know I'm making it sound like everything is okay, but it's not. I'm crumbling inside, I've been non stop crying since I saw Colby get shot and that was about 2 hours ago. If Colby were to die I would blame myself forever, I probably wouldn't be able to live with my self. I already hate myself enough.

Colby had been dealing with a lot. The voices had a comeback. He hasn't told me but I can tell, I used to have them but I managed to get help and haven't gotten them since. He really thought I wouldn't notice, we've been friends for years and he still thinks he can lie to me.

I hope one day he can open up to me and tell me what he's going through. I've helped him before and I can do it again. When we were in the bathroom cleaning up his leg, I saw him have an urge to cut, his whole body tensed and seemed to want to run out of the bathroom.

What would have happened if I didn't agree to the prank? Our brothers would have never gotten hurt, Colby wouldn't of the gotten shot. But I would have never gotten out of that horrible relationship or never ended up with Colby. Well not exactly with him.

We both like each other but we just hadn't had time to talk about it. How could we, we were stalked and had to fly back to Kansas? But when we get back home I'm asking him on a date, it took me very long to realize that I could lose him in the blink of an eye. Which is very scary.

What were Brennen and Katrina planning? Was it to get us in that basement and kill us, they said they wanted revenge for something as stupid as not being loved by the other person.

They still haven't been caught, that means I'm still in danger and so is Colby. They managed to stalk us for God knows how long. Could they try to harm us again but actually finish the job this time?

Why didn't I just defend my self? Well because I'm too weak. (I know I'm questioning my self but that's what I do to pass time.) Do I love Colby? Hell yes, not a doubt in my mind. Wha-. I was interrupted by Dr. Webber.

"Hello, are you here for Cole Robert Brock." I glared at him because I knew that's what Colby would do since he doesn't like his full name.

"Yes."

"Come with me."

Sorry this is so late, I was celebrating my b' day and hadn't had time to finish this chapter. This is just a filler.❤