10 ~ King and Queen

"What did you say to them?" Kara blurted out after he stopped talking. "Tell me you didn't just sit there and let them be in your home for no excuse." She became madder.

Mon el closed his locker holding all of his books. "It's not like that." He looked at her from the locker.

"Oh my Rao." She looked down and put her hand on her forehead.

"Look Kara, it wasn't my choice to let them stay." He defended.

"Still, their here and they're the King and Queen of Daxam." She insisted. They started walking down the hall slowly.

"No. Their my parents." He corrected. "I will not treat them any otherwise." He smiled. The bell rang.

"We'll figure this out somehow." Kara stopped in front of her classroom.

"Together." He added.

She smiled wider. "Of course." She said happily. She gave him a kiss and walked off to her class. Mon el watched her as she walked to her desk and started laughing from something someone said to her. His smile waned, he knew what his parents wanted. Kara looked up from the girl next to her at him with her smile even wider than before. She waved with a grin, he waved back and continued staring. He started walking to his class almost sadly.

Once the day was over, the two walked home together. Their hands were woven together while they walked. The sky was dark blue from the sun setting earlier and daylight savings. The two walked until they arrived at Kara's house. They shared a long goodbye kiss, with both of their arms around one another. Kara smiled and started walking to her house. Mon el watched until she went inside and closed the door behind her. He started walking home. He walked in quietly trying to sneak in so his parents wouldn't hear. He silently closed the door and tried climbing up the stairs up to his bedroom.

"Well hello there?" Came a voice from the next room. He stomped his foot and hopped down the steps into the next room. "Going somewhere?" She asked suspiciously.

He was surprised to find his birth parents sitting in the living room. "No." He answered calmly. "How'd you get in?" He pointed to the door.

"Your parents are letting us stay in the guest room." His mother rolled her eyes.

"Where are they?" Mon el stepped closer.

"Don't worry dear, their just at work late. Apparently they had some stuff to do tonight." She almost laughed.

"They left us instructions to take care of you and your... brother." His father piped in. "Cute kid by the way." He complimented.

"Thanks..." Mon el began accepting the nice thing he had said. "Is he in bed?"

"Yes, he said he needed to get to bed early because of a field trip in the morning." She answered quickly. She stood up and walked past Mon el into the kitchen. He turned and watched her. She scurried around the kitchen and gagged at some of the food. "Honestly, I don't know how you are able to eat some of this stuff." She chuckled.

"Can you please just tell me why you're here." He ordered.

"The owners of the house told us to make dinner and put you guys to bed." She continued going through the cabinets.

"Mother-" he began.

She dropped a pan and jumped acting like she was scared. "Wow, that was loud." She tried distracting him from what he asked. He can see where he got it.

"Cut the crap!" He yelled annoyed. "Why the hell are you here?" He asked tensing.

"Why can't your parents come and visit you without an explanation?" His father stepped in behind him.

"Because you always have a reason. And usually it's not a good one." Mon el crossed his arms. His father walked past him and next to his wife.

"Honestly." She put up her hands in offense. "I thought we raised you to be better."

"No, you raised me to see the worst in people. And that's exactly what I'm doing." He sneered, his eyes lingering on his parents.

"Then why are you here with this family?" She started, sounding disgusted.

"This was only temporary home." His father agreed. "But we're here now." He smiled at his son.

"We've come to take you back to Daxam." She beamed and opened her arms.

"No." He spat. "I'm not going back with you. You already have your king and queen, you don't need a prince." He testified.

"Darling-" she began softly.

"I said no! Now please leave." He pointed at the door upset.

"Oh, I see." She gulped down. "Well alright then. I guess we'll be leaving." She sniffed. He showed them the door, but before they left.

"Are you sure..." The king asked.

"Yes, now get out." He ordered answering his question.

His father nodded and led his wife out the door. Mon el slammed the door behind them and hit his back against the door. His eyes were closed and gave a sigh of relief. "How was that?" Came a small voice.

He opened his eyes to see his little brother. "Oh, no one." He answered and stepped closer to him. He ruffled his hair into a fluffy mess.

"Hey!" He yelled at him him ripping his hand off. "You know I hate it when you do that." She combed down his hair with hands.

"Yeah, well..." He checked the time quickly. "Shoot, you should've been in bed over an hour ago." He frowned down at him.

His brother jumped and dashed back down the hallway. Mon el shook his head and sighed. Then all a sudden his brother ran back and squeezed him. "Goodnight." He smiled and started back down the dark hall.

"Night." He waved back. Mon el exhaustedly went upstairs and fell into bed without changing or taking off his shoes. The Danvers we're already fast asleep, and everyone else for that matter. But Queen Rhea and King Lar Gand were up hatching a plan in their space ship hovering over Midvale.

****

The Matthews were home in the morning. Everyone was excited for the day. It had snowed overnight and it was announced to be a snow day. Parents let their kids play, and to stay away from the roads in case of plow trucks. All the teenagers gathered in the snow and started acting like their young selves again. Some not and playing dumb pranks on one another. The mistletoe was starting to come out since Christmas was inching closer. The snow brought a smile to everyone's faces as they played. The snow falling like cotton in a pillow fight.

There was suddenly an update on a blogging website that almost everyone read. A lot of kids stopped what they were doing and checked their notification from the blogger. They read the new post. Lena who was out with James, Winn, Alex, Kara, Maggie, and Mon El got the update. Her head shot up at them. She stepped closer and guided them all away from Mon el. People started appearing in a circle around him.

'You-your..." Lena stuttered. She stopped and didn't want to finish. Her thoughts scrambled in her mind. She came to her senses and sternly looked at him. "You're an alien." She stated. Those words echoed in his head. They knew. Everyone now knew.