25 ~ Devistated

Kara's Point Of View

I looked down realizing how hurt he must've felt. I knew how much he hated cheating, and we're dating. And he had no idea that Clark we're cousins. I ran after him with my backpack barely hanging off my shoulders.

"Mon el!" I yelled after him as I ran. Oh screw it, I'm using my super speed. I rushed in front of him do so he stopped. "Mon el wait-"

"What Kara? You gonna tell me how it didn't mean anything, or how you don't feel any differently?" He retorted. I felt my expression soften in slight fear. The only time I've seen his like this was when Mxy showed up. "Because save it Kara. You know how I feel about cheating and our relationship." He went on.

"Would you just listen-" I began again.

"No Kara! I'm not doing this. All the other guys on the team to be careful of you, and I know that was because you were hurt. But I never knew you were capable of doing the hurting." He bursted out interrupting her again. He took a deep breath.

He huffed and started walking away. "I understand that you are hurt Mon el, but you have to listen to me." I tried to convince him, following. "Clark is my-"

"Your what? Your friend? Known each other since forever?" He grumbled stopping me from finishing. He had no idea how right he was.

"You're being absolutely ridiculous!" I said upset with him. He instantly became sorry, I could tell. "If you can't believe my word, then how are we going to make it through the real problems in our life together. Our relationship." I went on annoyed.

"Wait why are you made? You were the one with the other guy who-"

"He's my cousin Mon el!" I interrupted.

His face went white. He realized that he was jealous of my family, and reality became clearer now that he looked at the situation in a different way. "Kara." He started. "I didn't mean to not believe you. It's just that it looked like you were kissing some random guy. You never told me he was your cousin." He rambled on confused.

"If I had known, I wouldn't have gotten so upset. Any other secret young family members that you haven't told me about?" He cocked one eyebrow. I crossed my arms and looked up at him. "Okay then."

"Mon el if this is how you're gonna react whenever I have a friend that's a guy, this isn't going to work." I made out.

"What... what are you saying?" He stuttered.

"You have to learn to trust me." I said feeling the hot tears rise to my eyes. "I think we need some space. Especially when Valentine's day coming up. There's gonna be a lot of love in the air, and a lot more drama." I looked down at my feet with my face scrunched up.

"Kara... Please..." He begged. "I'll be better. I'll listen, I'll believe you when you tell me something, just-please, don't do this." He said in a voice he only used when he was devistated. He sounded devistated. But I just needed some time to figure everything out that was going on, I didn't want people breathing down my back because they want to know what's happening, in my life and relationship.

"I'm not saying that we're broken up for good, we just need a little time apart. That's all I'm saying." I explained. He nodded sadly and looked at his feet when I looked back up at him. "Okay?" I reassured.

"Yeah... Okay." He sobbed nodding his head and looked up back at my face. "I understand." He said sheepishly.

"Good." I agreed. "I'm glad." I smiled softly. We latched our hands together and started walking down the sidewalk slowly. My head fell on his shoulder and I closed my eyes. It was for the best.

When we arrived at my house, we shared one last goodbye kiss, since we wouldn't feel one for a while. And I let go of his hand. I walked into my house and closed the door not looking back, I needed this. I did. But... I also needed him.

****

No one's Point Of View

Valentine's Day was here. There was going to be a small dance held after school, Kara and Mon el were both not going, Alex convinced Maggie to go. With the space between Mon el and Kara, they got stuff out of the way they needed to, and sorted out some things. Mon el decided to go to the library while the party was going on. Kara didn't know what to do with her time, everyone she knew was at the party, except for Mon el. They haven't spoke since the fight, which was almost a week ago. They avoided each other in the hallways, in class, and outside of school. Kara went to the library thinking it was the only place she could go to get away. She wanted to apologize to Mon el and try to see if he wanted to still be with her on Valentine's Day.

She walked down an aisle clueless that her boyfriend was walking down the aisle beside the one she was walking down. She reached for a book and tried to pull it out but there was some tension on it. She looked behind it to see a familiar face. She smiled brightly.

"I thought you would be at the dance or something." She said almost happily.

"I couldn't go, not without my boo." He joked. She laughed softly and let go of the book. "Also, it just kinda hurt to go, since we're like-broken up." He used air quotes.

"Yeah, I'm sorry about that." She apologized starting to walk down the aisle further along with him on the other side.

"You shouldn't say sorry, you were honest with yourself, and made the choice to tell me how you were feeling." He argued lightly, looking at her through the spaces of books on the shelves. "It's nothing to be ashamed of." He laughed.

"I know... I just feel bad." She stuttered continuing to walk.

"Yeah, I get that." He shrugged. They shared a brief silence. "Are you ready to get back... Together? Or are you happy being apart?" He asked subtly.

She bit her lip in thought. "I miss you, I really do." She began but stopped. He nodded in agreement. And she slipped out, "but you still need to learn to respect my opinions, and listen to me when I tell you something. Like when we're training together, you always try and get the bad guy."

"Because they're the bad guy. Isn't that what we're supposed to do?" He asked confused.

"But we have to protect the innocents, above all else. If you can't do that, than you can't be a superhero." She protested.

"I will. I'll listen, I'll protect the innocents. I'll do all of it-but I don't want to lose you." They both reached the end of the aisle and paused.

Kara swallowed that down, still not facing him. "Mon el... Please..." She quivered. He listened staring at the side of her head through the last shelf of books.

"I don't understand what I did that was so wrong." He pleaded.

Kara tensed and faced him. "We're done." She stated.