29 ~ Dakum Ur

With only 5 more minutes, Mon el paced in his cell worried. Kara flew around the city after bandaging up Clark and herself. She flew high into the sky looking for the spaceship. Alex called her cell as she was in mid air. She took out her phone and answered. "Hello?" She said annoyed.

"Kara, where are you?" Alex frantically.

"I've looked everywhere Alex. I don't know where they are." She almost sobbed.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. We'll find Mon el, and we'll find his parents." Alex assured.

Kara began to thank her, but was stopped by a weird loud noise. "Uh Alex... I gotta go."

"What? To do what?" Alex asked worriedly.

Kara hung up, and pocketed her phone. She flew closer to the noise that she heard and saw a large portal. It had spaceships slowly making their way through. She watched closely as more came through and filled the sky. She recognized the technology, they were Daxamite ships. She flew closer and looked up to see that above it all, was the mother ship. She frowned and flew up to it angrily. She punched right through the forcefield and the bottom of the ship.

She landed on the floor of the ship surrounded by guards, with her back hunched over and her fist planted in the floor. She stood up and looked at all the Daxamites surrounding her. She cracked her knuckles and rolled her neck. "Alrighty then. Let's finish this damn thing, shall we?" She said sarcastically.

They all charged at her with spears. She deflected some and dodged others. (She's been training with Winn and Mon el with her powers and fighting techniques.)  She didn't kill anyone, she just knocked them out. She kicked some down, punched others. Rhea emerged from her quarters and greeted Supergirl with her arms folded calmly.

"I'm sorry Supergirl, but I'm pretty sure that you weren't invited up here." She cocked an eyebrow. "Guards!" She yelled through the main hall. "Kryptonite!"

"Wait!" Kara shouted at her.

Rhea turned back to her and took a few steps down from where she was standing. "Yes?" She said, her voice lingering with suspicion.

"Queen Rhea of Daxam, I Supergirl, champion of planet Earth, invoke the sacred right of Dakum Ur. In single combat before the gods." She stated. "May the fate of my people rest of the fate of my life." She finished.

Rhea smiled. "Dakum Ur. I accept your challenge Supergirl. We duel in 4 hours, and Daxam assures you, it will be your last." She sneered.

"Mon el must return to earth with me." Kara ordered.

Rhea frowned and looked over to the two guards that were standing in the hallway entrance. She looked back at Kara who had her hands on her hips full of pride. "If  you win, you may have him, and you will return to earth. If not, he stays with me." She answered. Kara looked at her fiercely, unwilling to show the fear in her eyes.

She whipped around, her cape almost hitting Rhea. Kara turned back to the queen and soluted to her sarcastically. Kara lowered down out of the hole she had made and flew off.

She landed on the cement in front of the Danvers house in her colorful dirt covered costume. Winn and Alex saw her, and rushed over. "Kara!" Alex exclaimed. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah fine." She nodded.

Alex looked at her sisters face, and the cold, hard expression she had never seen on her before. "Kara... what did you do?" She asked quietly.

"I challenged Rhea to Dakum Ur." She sighed. They walked her into the house.

"Dakum what?" Winn puzzled.

"Dakum Ur. It's an ancient Daxamite ritual to state dominance for a planet and it's rule." Kara explained. They waited for the rest. "It's a fight to the death." She finally spoke.

They gasped. "Kara no." Alex instantly said.

"It's for earth. If I win, the planet stays safe and the Daxamites have to leave." She immediately stated.

"...and If you lose?" Winn broke in subtlety.

"The Daxamites take rule of earth and make us all their slaves." She said slowly. "But that won't happen." She clarified.

"Kara! You didn't think to say anything to us about this? You just went up there and challenged the strongest Daxamite to a fight o the death. Over earth!?" Alex raised her voice. Eliza walked in solemnly.

They turned to her. She walked closer and took Kara's hands. A tear dripped from her eye and rolled off her cheek. "I'm sorry my dear." She made out quietly.

Alex and Winn stood back confused. There was a presence of sadness in the room. Like regret. Kara furrowed her eyebrows. "What?" She hesitated.

"Clark he's just..." Eliza tried. She looked down gathering herself. She looked back up at Kara with her eyes misty. "The kryptonite in his system has embedded itself... It's too late sweety. It's almost reached his heart." She finished without wanting to.

Kara's Point Of View

I processed what just came out of her mouth. My stomach churned, my head throbbed. Kal wasn't going to die. He couldn't. My cousin has fought too hard for him to go out like this. "No." I stammered.

"Excuse me?" Eliza cocked an eyebrow.

"Clark—Kal, he's not dying. He's been through too much... He can't." I stuttered.

"But that's the thing. Clark—it turns out that he already had kryptonite in his bloodstream. Everyday was a battle so it wouldn't reach his heart. He was too weak this time Kara." Eliza explained.

"No, no, no—" I told myself, squeezing my eyes shut. Clark is fine. He's probably just resting after we bandaged him. "May I speak with him?" I asked her opening my eyes.

She let go of my hands and stepped out of the way. I nodded and started walking forward. Alex and Winn began to tell her what I had to tell them. I walked into the living room slowly. And there was Kal. Laying on a stretcher in the middle of the living room, usually where the coffee table was. Eliza had a stretcher because she was a doctor, and she had some spare equipment.

My lip quivered once I saw how pale his face was. I ran over to him and knelt beside the stretcher. "Kal?" I gasped.

He coughed a little and looked up at me. "Hey Cuz." He smiled softly.

"Are you okay? Why didn't you tell me about the kryptonite in you already?" I darted at him.

"Woh, woh." He said quietly. "I didn't tell you, because I knew that you would act like this. And you would drop your whole life just to help me. And I don't want that for you." He explained.

"Kara, I love you. I wish nothing but the best for my favorite cousin." He added. I smiled and took his hand. "Worry about you... And about kicking those Daxamites in the ass." He chuckled.

I laughed softly and looked at him, whose face was rapidly draining of color. "I love you too Kal." I whimpered. I hold his hand with both of mine, leaning my forehead against it. I felt his hand grow faint, and the super strength weaken. Until his hand had no movement and his eyes flickered open.

I felt hot tears stream down my face. His eyes didn't close. I let go of his hand and it dropped to the side of the bed lifeless. Like the rest of him.