23 ~ Absolutely Beautiful

Mon el's Point Of View

As I glared at Scott, I noticed that I was a bit taller than him, but only an inch or two. My face softened and I looked at the ground. "Look, dude, I don't want to fight you. Can we drop it?" I asked with my voice mellowing. He nodded as the tension coursing through his body dropped. I put my hand out to shake, but Scott just looked at it and then shot his glance back at my face. I dropped my arm to my side. "I see... That's fine." I trailed off.

I put my hand up and soluted Scott, and turned back around. I started walking away once again relieved that I hadn't hurt anyone. I felt Scott's eyes on me, and heard a soft rattle after he took something out of his pocket. I looked around at everyone who was gasping and putting their hands of their mouths, staring at the object in Scotts hands. I heard him fiddling with it as something rattled around inside of it. I pushed my eyebrows together in confusion as the suspense grew. I turned back around towards him to see what it was. His hands were trembling with a gun laying in them.

My eyes widened at the sight. His lip quivered as the fear and power rushed through him. I put one of my hands out to try and help. "Scott—" I swallowed. "You really... Really, don't want to do that." I tried convincing him.

"I know." He confessed. I saw his eyes mist, about to cry. "But if I don't—" he shook his head slightly as his face scrunched.

"Nothing. You just don't. Please." I answered.

"They'll kill me if I don't..." He whimpered.

"Who'll kill you if you don't?" I asked thoughtfully. Then I automatically knew. The thought rose to the surface of my mind. My mother would never... Would she? "Listen, my mother won't lay a finger on you if you just put that down." I nodded soothingly. I knew why my mother would do something like this. She told me that they had to give me a reason for me to go with her. To give up on the humans and join her. If she thinks that shooting me with led is gonna do it, she has another thing coming.

He dropped the gun and there was a loud crack. There was a sudden stabbing in my leg and smoke clearing from the gun. I groaned and looked down at my jeans that had a pool of blood seeping through. The blood trickled down leaving a chilled trail. I fell down and kneeled down on the knee that wasn't shot. My thigh was in shear pain, I could feel the led poisoning spread. Kara ran into the middle of the circle and kneeled beside me.

No one's Point Of View

Kara grasped his hand and ripped off her over shirt. She was wearing two so it was no big deal. As people started gathering again and inching closer, Scott got overwhelmed and ran away. Mon el whined and groaned in pain. Kara rapped the white blouse around his thigh tightly to put pressure on it. The white soon had a blotch of red on it where the led bullet hit. Alex rushed in next to her sister and looked at Mon el who was beginning to look pale.

"We have to get him home." Alex ordered. Kara agreed and hoisted him up to his feet. They started walking down the sidewalk and past the Matthews house. They needed to see Eliza who was a real doctor. People stopped following and got bored as they made jokes about what had happened. Mon el started teasing and making fun of himself.

They all laughed and were on both sides of him. He stopped and became silent. "Mon el?" Kara gestured worriedly.

"Hmm?" He answered weakly. Kara looks at his sick face and placed her hand on his forehead checking his temp. They were nearing the house.

He closed his eyes and collapsed onto the ground. They rushed to his aid and looked at the blouse on his leg now completely red. Alex and Kara kneeled by his leg. Alex ripped off the blouse and cut open his jeans with her pocket knife. "We need to take the bullet out now." She demanded.

"What?!" Kara shot her head up at her. "We aren't even doctor's, how do you expect us yo do that?!" She exclaimed still upset.

"Dad taught me how a while back. Right before he left." She answered calmly opening the Swiss army knife to some tweezers. She bent down and placed the tweezers right about the oozing blood. Kara watched patiently and worriedly as it got closer.

Alex carefully stuck the tweezers inside the small hole and took out the bullet that was in bedded inside his leg. She placed it into a small bag that Kara was holding open, blood scattering along the sides of the plastic. She sighed relieved and hopped to her feet. Kara closed the bag and shoved it in her pocket. Kara and Alex lifted the boy to his feet and carried him by the shoulders to their house. Kara knew she could use she super strength to carry him, but it didn't feel right. They carried him into the house and into the living room. They laid him on the couch and placed a light blanket over him. He slept soundly. Kara knew that she definitely wasn't gonna be able to sleep tonight. She set up an extra mattress on the floor with a blanket and laid by her boyfriend. He had bandages around his leg that Eliza had put on him that were covering a few stitches.

****

Mon el slowly woke up and saw a lump on the floor. He sat up to see what it was and felt a horrible stab in his leg. After seeing the beautiful face with messy dirty blonde hair, he rubbed his leg that was in pain. He itched next to it where it had been bugging him for a while. He pulled his arm back up to his face to find flakes of dried blood under his finger nails. I wiped them off and looked back at Kara who was still asleep. He laid his head on his arm and watched her sleep.

Why did she choose him? There was Mxy... And Scott. But no, she chose him. Part of him wanted to for it to stay like that. Forever. He moved his other arm to down where she was. He removed a whisk of her hair from in front of her eyes to behind her ear. He gently stroked her cheek with his thumb with the rest of his hand under her chin. His stomach churned with the thought: Do I love her? Love was a strong word. It had so much packed into it, that he didn't is it very often. The Matthews were worried about him, and cared about him. He cared about them too, but he didn't exactly love them.

His parents from Daxam... We're different. He used to think they were the best people in the universe. He loved them, he didn't really know why, but he did. But then he was sent to Earth and introduced to a girl that was everything, and more. He smiled at that thought. She was everything and more. It was decided. He loved her.

She stirred as his gaze softened on her waking eyes. They opened and looked at him. He smiled and looked into her deep pools of blue iris's. She gave a goofy smile and sat up.

He face hardened when his smile want to seriousness. She began to worry and said, "don't worry, you're not dying." Followed by a subtle laugh. "I hope not anyway." She fretted and looked down.

"I mean, the whole reason your in this mess is because of me." She went on. He listened as his eyes flickered from her eyes to her mouth. "I should've never done that thing when they wanted to fight you. And I shouldn't have pushed you to fight—" she paused and looked up at him, who's eyes hadn't peeled away.

He cupped his hand around her ear putting the hair behind it. "You know you look, beautiful. With the weight of all the worlds on your shoulders." He said in a raspy voice.

"You don't have to make me feel better." She shook her head slightly.

He leaned in and gave her a long kiss. But this one was different, more meaningful. Longer and had more emotion that the sloppy ones they give each other often. After pulling away Mon el kept his eyes closed and laid his head back on his pillow. Kara watched as his head hit the cushion. "Yep—appsolutly beautiful." He nodded and fell back asleep. Kara watched him and laid back down. She stared at the ceiling with a smile streaking across her face.