30 ~ The battle

Mon el's Point Of View

Two guards walked through the door and in front of my cell. The opened my door and let me step out. "Queen Rhea would like to speak with you." One said in a deep voice. They held the sides of my arms and walked me to the main room with the huge window overlooking earth. They let go and stopped in front of it and before Rhea.

"Leave us." She ordered the guards. The bowed slightly and walked away.

"How's the invasion progressing? Is it as much fun as you hoped?" I retorted sarcastically, and walked over to the glass, crossing my arms over my chest.

"This planet has amazing potential. It's going to be beautiful once we're finished with it." She said walking next to me.

"Finished with it?" I puzzled. "What are you planning to do?" I asked as she turned towards me, hesitating to answer.

"Build of course." She replied smoothly. "Monuments to our people, our way of life. Great pyramids like we had back home."

"And I suppose the humans will build them for you." I nodded.

"If they know what's good for them." She answered. She turned away from me and started walking away from the window. "This ship is stocked with Daxam's best. The leader, the merchants, the military strategists—"

"The robbers, the liars, the killers." I finished, turning to her. Her back still facing me.

"The elite, who once lead our people to greatness. Here we can rebuild again. And make way for our ravage population to settle once and for all." She turned around, talking calmly.

"If you think that the people of earth will just lay down, and take this—then you are wrong. They are made of stronger stuff than you think." I argued stepping towards her. "And besides, Kara will stop you." I said after the brief silence.

"Ugh." She groaned and rolled her eyes. "I do not fear the Kryptonian girl." She huffed and slowly turned around, away from me.

"What are you planning to do with her?" I storm over to her.

She turned back to me and took a few steps closer. "She's in your past Mon el. Focus on your future." She used hand gestures.

"What do you need me for!?" I asked starting to yell.

"We must unite our people with the people of earth. And you're the key." She answered quietly. "As you well know, on Daxam the tradition is for the regent to arrange a marriage for their oldest child. Now, your father may be gone, but I think I've made an excellent choice." She walked up the steps and sat on the chair that substituted for her throne.

"Really?" I put my hands on my hips almost surprised. We shared a short silence, and then I stepped forward and tilted my head. "And who's the lucky earthling who won the 'marry an alien invader's sweepstake?'" I asked sarcastically and cheerfully.

"Lena Luthor." She answered in a know-it-all voice. My eyes widened as I realized that she was serious. She had actually chosen Lena.

No one's Point Of View

As Kara put her suit back on, and refreshed her bandages, she knew the time was near. It was time for her to go to Dakum Ur. Her cousin would not die in vein. She got granted some luck from the few people that knew who she was, flew downtown, and planted her feet on the pavement in the middle of the road. As she looked up, she saw the sky full of Daxamite ships. It made her sick.

Rhea appeared in green and red beams of light in front of Kara in the road. Next to her was Mon El standing next to Lena in handcuffs in front of two guards. Lena was draped in a bright red dress, Wedding dress custom for Daxam. And Mon el cleaned up into a tight fancy, dark blue Daxamite suit. Kara looked excited to see them, but her face hardened knowing she couldn't show Rhea any emotion.

Kara placed her hands on her hips and looked at Rhea confidently.

"So once you're disposed of... I have your word that earth will surrender?" Rhea asked cautiously, taking a few steps closer.

"On my honor." Kara answered. "And if I defeat you, your invasion ends. You leave, once and for all."

Rhea nodded and put one of her arms crossed over her chest. Kara the same. They bowed their head down, but their gaze still met.  "For the earth." Rhea stated.

"For the earth." Kara mimicked. They both lowered their arms and charged at each other, lifting from the ground higher than any other beings could.

Kara punched her a few times, sometimes Rhea would dodge. They would block punches, and throw them. Rhea pulled back on her cape and she flew back and hit a telephone pole. Kara straightened her back and stood back up, balling her hands into fists again. They stood apart and walked in a circle facing each other.

"You're getting tired." Kara suggested.

"Hit me. Consider it a gift." She bluffed.

Kara didn't hesitate. She ran over to her and punched her across the face, knocking her to the ground. She took a breath and sighed, "you ready to give up now?"

"Not even close." She spit. Rhea stumbled up and tried swinging at her again, but Kara blocked her with her arm. She was punched again, but this time, she didn't turn fully around. She touched her eyebrow where she was bleeding. She turned to Kara and showed her the green blood on her fingers. "Because of your people, Kryptonite poisoned my entire world. I carry it across Galaxy's. It's a part of me now." She touched the blood on her hand.

Kara fell to her knees with the glowing green veins showing in her face. "So go ahead. Make me bleed." She ordered creepily. Mon el moved towards anxiously, but stepped back immediately after. He knew that he couldn't step in, he had to let Kara finish.

Kara growled and got back up to her feet. She swung at Rhea, but she hit it away. Kara kept throwing weak punches, until Rhea held Kara by her neck with her arm. "I won't stop here. There are other cities, and other towns. And I will destroy every last one of them until your whole world is gone." She sneered.

Kara pushed away from her, falling onto her hands and knees. She tried getting back up, and Rhea lurched her fist at Kara almost onto her knees. Kara caught it, still weakened by the kryptonite, Rhea's expression turned to amazement, and anger. She stood up holding her fist firmly.

"This, is my home." She asserted. Rhea's eyes raced with fear. Kara threw her back slightly and kicked her. Rhea felt the harsh pain. Kara punched her one last hard time and she shot back into a wall of a building shattering glass everywhere from the window. "And I am going to protect it." She finished.

Rhea stumbled on the ground defeated. Shards of glass all through her skin. Then she felt a throbbing stabbing through her stomach. "Mother!" Mon el yelled at her in agony.

She looked down spitting out green blood. There was a huge led pole through her stomach. Rhea looked up with her eyes filling with tears. The blood from her mouth, fading of the green glow. Mon el smashed his handcuffs and ran over next to Kara.

"Mon el—please..." Rhea pleaded. Mon el looked at her for a moment and hesitated. "Save me." She gasped for air.

"Like you saved father?" He retorted in utter pain. Rhea shook her head through sobs, and her muscles relaxed. Then they completely relaxed, and she stopped moving soon after. The other Daxamites ships fleed from the atmosphere, knowing that without a queen or king that they had no leader.

Kara looked into Mon el's eyes, shiny with tears. They urged to kiss, but they knew Lena was right there watching, and they couldn't in front of her. They nodded and shared a brief silence.