18 ~ suits

The next day at school they were walking down the hall together, Kara and Mon el. "You two were just visited by a fifth dimensional being." Brainy walked up to them and blurted out. They asked him earlier to do some research on them.

"You've seen one before?" Kara said confused.

"Fifth dimensional life-forms posses the ability to warp our reality to their own whims. Abilities that would appear to all intents and purposes to be magic." Said Brainy. Brainy was a new kid in school, and everyone knew he was A.I but they didn't care so much, at least, they didn't show it.

"On Daxam we had a zero tolerance policy for those, creatures." Mon el piped in.

"You had them on Daxam?" Kara turned to him.

"Yeah. And those guys knew how to party. But they're dangerous, very dangerous." He answered.

Kara slowly turned back to Brainy. "Can you scan the archives for anything resembling fifth dimensional incursions here on Earth?" Kara asked him.

He closed his eyes for a moment and then opened them. "It will be a while. Do you mind waiting until later in the afternoon?" He folded his hands.

"That's fine Brainy." Kara smiled. "Thank you."

He nodded and left the two walking down the hall. They went to their lockers and into class. In the middle of class, Kara Heard a big car crash far away. She asked to go to the bathroom and walked out into the hall. As soon as she was out of sight of the teacher. She grabbed Mon El and met in the school parking lot.

"Listen, I heard a huge car crash a few blocks away. You need to help me see if everyone is okay." She pleased. He nodded by stopped her when she went to run. "What?"

"You can't go save the day as yourself. You need a disguise." He insisted. He thought. "You need a super hero suit." He said.

Kara's eyes lit up. And then an idea raced through her mind. "Winn made me a suit if I ever wanted to use my powers to help people." She said excitedly. "It's at home, I'm run and grab it. He also made one for someone that was goin to be my sidekick, one male and one female."

"Go get 'em." He nodded. She ran home with her superspeed and rushed back with the suits. They put theirs on so fast it looked like a blurr. They showed each other and complicated one another.

(Descriptions of suits. You don't need to read, but I recommend)

Hers had a blue protective top, draped in a red cape that reached down to her knees. With a crest of a big S on the front in red and blue. She had red shiny boots that went up to her knees where the cape stopped. There was a golden belt sewing the blue top to the red short skirt bellow. The dark blue tops sleeves reached down to her fists and looped around her thumb. She smiled with her hair down, which she never does.

Mon el's suit wasn't too different. It was a whole red body suit with the outline of her symbol on his chest. It had a golden and blue belt in the middle of his red top and pants. At his shoulders there were two golden clips holding up his long blue cape that swept the top of his foot that was put inside tall blue boots that went halfway up his calves.

"Alright, time to go be heroes." Kara said putting her hands on her hips. "God that feels good to say." She squeaked.

"I know right." He agreed playfully.

They nodded at each other and headed towards all the noise. Kara flew there, and Mon El followed used his huge leaping skill he's so proud of. Kara got there first and was surprised and grossed out to what she found. There are cops shooting at this huge, pink and slimy creature that was almost 5 times the size as there were. Kara stepped closer and put her hands on her hips.

"Hey you, big... Pink ugly thing!" She yelled at it. It threw a car and it blew up several other ones. It growled and swing at her. She dodged and used her heat vision on it. It fell back and landed hard. Kara turned to the explosion of cars. The thing got up when she her back was turned and hit her. She flew in the air and landed in broken glass in front of a car. She got up and sat up against the car.

Mon el landed on the ground from his last leap in front of the creature. He tried to think of something witty to say, but once he saw Kara on the ground, he snapped out of it and jumped towards it with his fist ready to punch. It caught him and threw him as hard as it could, making him go throw two telephone booths that were next to each other. He landed on the cement. He laid on the ground for a moment but then jumped back to his feet brushing off the broken glass on his suit. Kara jumped up and walked over to him who was starting to walk over to him.

"Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

"I was gonna ask you the same question." He answered.

The thing screeched at them and stomped the ground. They turned back to it frightened. "Look, up in the sky! It's a bird, it a plane-" the crowd behind them said looking up in the sky. Someone draped in a red cape landed on the pavement in front of the beast and started blowing it with freeze breath. Kara joined and stood behind him. The monster disintegrated into blue smoke and it was gone.

"Superman?" Kara stuttered as she stood up straight. The man in front of them turned around. It was Mxyzptlk with the superman suit on, but instead of an S on the crest, it was an M.

"Not quite." He answered.

"Mxy! Are you serious?" She said angrily.

"Well, I thought you could uses a little extra help Supy baby." He said calmly to Kara.

"Uh, hello. I was helping her so." Mon el broke in.

"Yeah, that's a laugh. Your lucky I flew in when I did Supergirl. You really think this fraud would've help save the day? What superpower does he have that could've helped? I guess I he could've leaped over it like a gazelle

"Hey that's-" Kara began. "Supergirl?"

"Oh, would you like to see my superpower? Cause I will just rip you apart with my bare hands right here if your interested in that." Mon el interrupted.

"Spoke like a true Daxamite." Mxyzptlk said to him. "You're nothing but a thug. I mean, this goddess, she requires a man who's equal to her power and wits. Who can come to her aid when villains suddenly pop up." He turned to Kara.

"Wait... That thing... This was all you?" She asked upset with what he had done.

"Don't you... see what he's doing here? He's creating havoc so that he can play the hero and impress you." Mon el testified against Mxy to Kara.

Kara sighs. "What's wrong with that?" Mxyzptlk protested. "She's been slumming it with you for so long, she doesn't realize what's out there."

"Why don't you just say your name backwards buddy, and just zap back to wherever you came from, okay?" He interrupted.

"Wait, that's how you sent him away?" Kara took Mon el's shoulder.

Mxy gave him a look to make fun of him. "Don't you even, you little rat face." Mon el said to him as Kara pushed him away from Mxy.

"Stop. Stop. Enough." Kara bursted out. "Mon el, get out of here. Go." She pointed for him to leave, Mxy too silently laughing.

"Me? What about him?" He persisted.

"I told you, I was handling this, now go." She said again. Mon el looked from her to Mxy who was waving playfully.

He nodded slowly. "Fine." He muttered and walked away.

"Ugh, I thought he would never leave." Mxyzptlk stepped in front of her. "Finally darling, we're alone."

"What is it going to take to get you off this planet?" She asked annoyed.

His smile waned. "it's like I said. It's gonna take two little words, 'I do'." He answered flatly."or things will get very bad for your world."