24 ~ Just Friends

They didn't go to school that day. Eliza gave the school a note since she was a doctor/scientist. They slept for a while until Eliza put a tray on the coffee table with two bowls of soup on it. Kara woke up and sat up straight facing the bowls of soup.

"Be careful, it's hot." Eliza warned. Kara nodded and smiled as she walked into the next room. Kara threw off the blanket and crossed her legs picking up a spoon.

"That's not the only thing." Came a raspy voice behind her. She turned around to find Mon El starting to sit up.

"Your not too bad yourself." She continued the joke. They shared a short laugh. "How'd you sleep?" She asked.

"Fine. You?" He returned.

"Alright." She shrugged.

He put his hands out in a cup position. "Soup please." He added nicely.

"Of course." She whispered and turned back to the table and picked up his bowl carefully. She turned back to him and handed him the bowl. He took it and placed it on his lap that was covered in blanket. "How're you feeling?" She asked sympathetically.

"Oh ya know—" he paused stirring his soup with the spoon he was given. "Just shot." He finished feeling defeated.

She put her hand on his knee and rubbed it in comfort. "You'll be okay." She assured.

"I know." He smiled. Their eyes locked for a moment. He bent over and planted a long deep kiss on her lips. He pulled away and gave a goofy smile. He sat back against the couch and started slurping the soup in his bowl.

"You know you have a spoon for a reason?" She raised an eyebrow looking at him topping the bowl towards himself.

He pulled it down and wiped the dampness from his soft lips. "I do." He nodded in a sarcastic tone. She giggled and went back to her tray. He watched her from behind and downed the rest of his soup. Valentine's Day was coming up, in about a week. And he had no idea what to do for her. Neither did she.

They sat on the couch spread across all the cushions, with the blanket tossed over them. Kara had her legs over his, but she was careful of his wound. "Okay, I'm pretty sure that you've showed me all of the musicals that've been released." He commented and snatched the remote from Kara.

"Your fault." She taunted.

"Haha." He said jokingly. He flipped through movies  bordly. "Do you think they have—" he began.

"Nope." She interrupted.

"Or what about—"

"There aren't any shows here that were on Daxam and Krypton." She answered before he could finish again. "Even if they were better." She sighed.

"Well that's too bad." He pouted. He put the remote down on the table after turning off the TV. "What do you want to do?" He asked turning to her, stiffening his position.

She looked around wondering what there was to do. Eliza had left for work, so they were alone. The lightbulb went off in her head and she hopped up from under the blanket. She ran to the shelf and ran back. She put a bunch of board games on the table. "We... Are playing these." She said opening a box.

"What the heck is... Scrabble, Monopoly, Sorry, Connect Four(what ever board game you enjoy or have played)... What is all of this?" He stated reading all of the names on the boxes.

"It's a fun thing we do here on earth. A normal social activity that humans do to spend time with family and friends." Kara answered firmly. "In this house, we have a game night every week. And I haven't had one with you yet." She shrugged

"Oh yeah?" He joked.

"Yes, and I do believe it's your turn to face me." She said almost as a threat.

"Ooh—is that a challenge Danvers?" He murmured.

"I don't know. I guess it depends on how scared you are." She giggled.

"I see." He smiled and gave her a soft kiss. "Your on." He squinted at her in a challenging way.

They played board games for a few hours, along with brief random conversations in the middle. When Alex got home they put them away and spent some time with her. Mon el was sent home and explained everything to the Matthews. Their son got a real laugh out of a lot of it. He didn't go in for the rest of the week, Kara dropped off some homemade soup. She was going to school while he was still out. They had a new student the next week, Mon el was still out.

Kara went into her homeroom and sat in her usual seat. The teacher introduced a new student that was a transfer from Metropolis. "Everyone, this is Clark Kent." The teacher said in her monotone voice. "Take a seat Clark, the announcements are about to come on. Do you have your schedule and everything?" She asked.

He nodded and she sent him to his seat that was across from Kara. Once he sat down, Kara got excited. "Kal! I'm so glad to see you." She jumped up and hugged him.

"You too Cuz." He greeted and patted her back.

"How long will you be staying?" She pulled away and furrowed her eyebrows together.

"A few weeks or so. I can't leave Louis alone for too long. Just wanted to make sure everything here is running smoothly." He smiled. Kara nodded and fixed her glasses. James walked up and pulled him into a big hug.

"Good to see you Clark." He said with his voice muffled in his shoulders.

"You too Jimmy." He chuckled and pulled away. "Everything good?" He asked.

"Yeah, you? Louis?" James assured.

"Yeah, everything is great. I'm glad you're good." He nodded. They caught up and James sat back down in his seat. The bell rang and the day began. After the day ended, Kara texted her boyfriend and told him about her day. She forgot to mention Clark though. Mon el didn't even know that Clark was her cousin. He knew that superman was her cousin, but he didn't know his identity like Kara.

****

The next day was Mon el's first day back from the fight. As he walked into school with Kara and they went to their lockers, she introduced him to Clark. Not as her cousin, as her friend. He smiled and shook his hand in a friendly way. Clark pulled her aside for a moment.

"Isn't he a Daxamite?" He whispered.

"Yes he is. But remember that we don't judge someone on their race and species." She answered softly. He rolled his eyes and agreed. They went back to Mon el who was obviously bored.

They continued with their day in the normal routine. But after school, instead of Kara going straight over to her boyfriend, she went over to Clark to update him on some stuff that was going on at school. Mon el watched them talking from a distance. He watched Kara wave goodbye and kiss him on the cheek along with a hug. He began to think they were more than just friends.

He huffed and slammed his locker with his backpack over his shoulders. He stomped out the doors of the school. Clark looked up with Kara. "What's his problem?" He asked.

She watched at he marched down the sidewalk. As his angry walking, became sadder. "I think I know..." She wondered.

He had seen her kiss her cousins cheek without knowing that they were related.