28 ~ Being the Hero

She turned back to Kara slowly as a smirk began to form on her face. "I'm willing to make a trade." She stated.

"What kind of trade?" Kara replied, squinting at her.

"The kind, you can't refuse." She answered. Clark began to stir in Rhea's arms. Her grip tightened on the knife as she felt him move slightly. "Mon el, for your dear 'ol cousins life." She snapped.

Kara's place quickly when from her boyfriend to her side, to her cousin in front of her.

Kara's Point Of View

I don't want to lose Mon el. But I don't want to lose Kal. I can't. I love them both, I don't want o choose. "You can't make me choose between them." I scoffed, squinting my eyes at her.

"You have to." Rhea interrupted. "I need my son back, and I know that a Kryptonian will always choose family, over partner. You're choice is obvious, Kryptonian." She said snobbishly.

Even though all that she was saying was awful, rude, and cruel... I knew that deep down inside, part of what she had said was right. Family was the most important thing.

"Rhea—" I began. I paused, weakened from the kryptonite.

"Are you okay?" Mon el asked worriedly, putting his hands on my shoulders soothingly.

"Yeah... Listen Rhea, your son has found a home here, friends, a life. He's happy, so please don't take that away from him." I stepped in front of him. "I know that our worlds don't have the cleanest history, and when Mon el and I first met, we didn't understand each other. But we found a connection in the kindness of our hearts. And that comes from somewhere."

Kara took a few more weak steps closer to Rhea. "You have the kindness in your heart. Please, just try to understand that letting him stay here is the right thing to do." I insisted.

"Whatever connection you think you found with my son during this tryst, is a lie." She replied seeming disgusted.

Clark opened his eyes and looked at me, he gave a light smile, and then realized how weak he was. "Rhea please, there's no reason for this." I pleaded.

"I didn't want to have to do this." She said like it was a threat. She stabbed the dagger into Clark's leg.

"No!" I shouted, but it was too late. He fell to his knees in pain, grasping the wound.

"Where did you get Kryptonite?" He made out weakly.

"Our planet is littered with the corps of yours." She answered darkly. She raised her blade again, this time towards me. I saw it lurch towards me, and felt my powers almost completely drain, I felt so weak. I've never felt this way before, is this what Mon el feels like whenever he's near led?

No one's Point Of View

Mon el flailed out his arm and hit his mother's forearm before she could hit Kara. She turned to him and threw him a few yards away onto his back. Kara tensed back up and balled her hand into a tight fist. She swung as Rhea, which she unfortunately caught and squeezed hard. She forced the kryptonite blade that was in her other hand into Kara's lower thigh. She yelled in pain and fell to her knees staring down at the glowing green vanes surrounding the puncture.

Rhea watched her groaning in pain and knelt a little closer. "I crossed an ocean of stars looking for my son. I'm not going to let you get in my way now." She stated straightening her posture, changing the position that her hands were holding the knife. "Your family, awaits you." She raised her arm holding the blade.