26 ~Love is a Strange Thing

Mon el's Point Of View

I looked at her surprised and turned toward her. She usually wouldn't just say that we were done. "What?.." I stuttered in confusion.

"You heard me. We're done." She repeated.

"Done what?" I asked stupidly knowing what she meant.

"This relationship." She said in a monotone voice.

My heart sunk, I didn't want to lose her. "But I thought—" I struggled to make out.

"You thought what? That everything was alright, everything would just blow over and go your way." She exclaimed.

Something was off, she usually doesn't act like this. What was going on? "Kara, are you okay?" I asked suspiciously.

"I'm fine, I'm just finally realizing how much of a mistake I made, and how you've treated me and everyone else." She almost yelled. Uh, where did that come from?

"Kara—" I began staring into her eyes, that were filled with rage and wide dark pupils. I noticed a sliver of red along the rim of her eyes that weren't there when I first saw her in the library. "I know I've been an ass, but—"

"But nothing Mon el. All you do is make excuses, and I'm sick of it. I'm sure that you can go and find, at least 10 other girls that want to be with you. Use this as an advantage, think of it as... Being set free." She babbled. "Or maybe, if you really wanted to... Just go back to Daxam. Didn't Rhea say that it was a wasteland of a planet, 'just waiting to be conquered'." She went on tiredly.

My stomach churned, and then the thought went across my mind: I never told her that. It made me sick, the thought of my own mother doing all of these horrible things. "But Kara, I don't want any of the other girls." My voice mellowed on her. Her eyes on me, waiting for the rest. "I want you." I stammered.

She lifted her mouth into a small smile. The tint of red slowly quickly vanished. She took a deep gasp and looked around. "How did we get this far through the aisle?" She asked randomly.

"What'do you mean?" I answered unsurely.

She put her hand on her forehead. "I blacked out after I apologized to you about us breaking up." She pointed to the bookshelf where we were standing at before. "And I just... And now we're, here." She looked up at me putting her arm down.

She took a moment to think about what had just happened. I did too, I looked at her in confusion and deep in thought. My mother?

She placed her hand back on her head and looked down. I saw a wave of realization wash over her as she looked back up at me with her hand falling back down. "Wait... I do remember, but I wasn't myself speaking. There was different emotion, a different—" she tried making sense of it.

"Person speaking and thinking for you." I finished for her.

"Yeah..." She pondered. "But I do remember what I said, and what you said. The whole reason I came here to the library was actually to figure out a way to apologize to you. And what to say to get you back if I could." She played with her hands in front of her.

"I never left." I smiled. She looked up front her fidgeting hands and at my face.

"Really?" She quivered. "I mean, what I said was true..."