7

Katelynn

"Katie?

Are you even listening to me? Hello!" I hear Justin, my co-worker asking and snapping in front of my face.

After moving to LA i got a job at a small coffe shop in my neighborhood. Justin and I always seem to get the same shifts and have gotten very close.

"Yeah sorry" I sigh. I've been thinking about 5sos and how they are in LA living the dream while i am stuck in a coffee shop with the same idiot everyday.

"Stop thinking about them"

"Im not even-"

"Seriously dude. I get it but come on. Screw them. You are so fucking awesome, you don't even need them!" He says trying to cheer me up.

"I just wish things went differently"

"I know" he sighs. "Come on lets take our lunch break together and go get something to eat. McDonald's always cheers you up"

"You know me well" I laugh as we both clock out and tell the other workers we are going in break.

We get into his car and drive to the nearest McDonalds like we do every lunch break. We order the usual and take a seat next to a window.

"I don't understand how you eat all that and never gain a pound" He laughs as i stuff my fires in my face.

"Hey mr i go to McDonald's and order a salad, shut up" I laugh tossing a fry at him.

"Katelynn?" I hear my name come from near the counter and look up.

I choke

"Oh god. Hey. It's been so long. What? Like a year" Ashton says as he walks up to me. I see the rest of the boys ordering.

"Yeah, it has been" i say trying not to sound excited or rude at the same time.

"Oh shit, sorry we haven't kept in touch just our careers really took off and we've been so busy. Hey! What are you doing all the way in LA?" He rambles

"Uhm. I moved" i say as the rest of the boys approach our table.

"Really that's so cool!"

"Who's your friend?" Luke asks

"Oh, This is Justin" i say and he smiles and waves. "This is Ashton, Calum, Michael and Luke"

"I've heard too much about you" Justin smirks and i shoot him a glare.

"Well it was nice seeing you again, we gotta run." Ashton says frantically hugging me like a dad "nice meeting you" he says to Justin and they run out.

"Well, that was"

"Weird"

•••

Im excited to start writing some more of this :)

(june 2019)

COMMENT IF YOU ARE READING PLEASE <3