18

Katelynn

"Amanda cheated on you with Tyler?" I breathe out.

He just nods and looks away

"Why didn't he tell me?" I ask, mostly to myself  

"I told you he's bad news! That man is nothing but trouble and he gets away with everything!" He says to me.

"But he's so different with me"

"Yeah and i'm sure it's an act Katelynn, you can't be serious?" He scoffs and rolls his eyes at me.

"We have spent every fucking day together this week why would it be an act?" i cross my arms and wait for his response.

"Uh maybe because he is an asshole!" He cockily responds.

"Maybe you're the asshole Luke. You're just mad that i'd rather spend my time with him rather than being your rebound."

"Oh yeah, and who put that idea in your head?" He laughs as me

"You know, i wish i never wrote you guys the damn song, look where its got me" i yell and walk past him unto my apartment building but to my displeasure he follows.

"Don't say that, maybe if you wouldn't be so dumb you wouldn't be here" He says back.

"You know what Luke you should just leave!" I yell back to him getting in his face.

"Don't come crying to me when he breaks your heart" he rolls his eyes and walks away.

And once again, i've lost Luke.

I finally get to my room and text Tyler

Why didn't you tell me about Amanda?

I didn't want to give you a reason to hate me babe

Well i hate secrets

What if Luke is right about Tyler?

And with that i locked my phone and curled into a ball and let my mind drift asleep.

~

The next morning i had work. I did not feel like leaving my bed what so ever but i knew my shift was with J and he would kill me if i called off. We hate morning shifts but we know we make it survivable for each other.

I took our shift as an opportunity to fill him in on all the juicy gossip that my life has been filled with these past days. I even let him listen to Lukes voicemail.

"So what do you think i should do now?" I ask him after he knows everything.

"Honestly, i like Luke a whole lot more than Tyler so my advice is dump him and go for Luke. But it seems no matter what direction you go, the Amanda situation might linger" he sighs.

"Yeah i see that. Luke is still banging her and Tyler also banged her knowing she had a boyfriend, what if they cheat on me?"

"Luke doesn't seem like the cheating type" he shrugs.

"Well I won't mark it off quite yet as it could be a possibility"

"Well you might want to make up your mind because here comes Tyler, with takeout." He laughs gesturing to the boy walking through the door with a bag of food.

"Hey" i say to him as he approaches me.

"Hey, i'm really sorry about the whole Amanda thing, i hope you're not too angry" he smiles and sets the food on the counter which Justin gladly takes and starts digging in.

"I just don't know why you didn't tell me"

"Kate, i really like you and i didn't want to jeopardize what we have over my past" his words send butterflies to my stomach.

"Okay, apology accepted but no more secrets Tyler I don't like drama" i laugh and he takes a seat close to the counter.

"I promise you, no more secrets. You're too amazing to be mad at me. I'd miss you too much" he winks and I playfully roll my eyes.

Well one boy down, one more to go.