16

Kevin Zegers as Tyler Kennedy (for my fellow gossip girl fans)

Katelynn

Tyler had asked me out to a friendly lunch date today and i was on my way to meet him. I felt nervous, which was odd, but i was excited to meet up with my new friend.

My mind flickered back to the party, wondering why Luke had been acting up for the hundredth  time since we argued. We barely know each other anymore I don't understand what his problem was.

I pulled into the parking lot of our planned meeting spot and walked in, letting the thoughts slip my mind as i spotted Tyler.

Tyler didn't seem like the trouble everyone was making him out to be but i'm still proceeding with caution. He seemed sweet and fun to be around.

When i walked closer to the table I noticed both seats were occupied, one seat by him and another by a girl. She was quite beautiful, long blonde hair perfect body. I could never compete.

"Ah, sorry to break our chat but my lovely date is here" he smiles at me and back to the girl. She sends me glares that could kill and I recognize that look of jealousy.

"Oh well see you around" she says and hurries off back to her table.

"Hey Kate, sorry about that I just can't shake the ladies" he winks as i sit down.

"Its okay" i laugh "did you at least get her number"

"No" he frowns "she is definitely hot but she's off limits, your pal Luke would for sure kill me"

"What does she have to do with Luke?"

"That's his ex"

I swear i'm not jealous when i say that his last sentence made my blood boil. Of course Lukes ex that he still hooks up with would be absolutely perfect.

"They broke up a while ago. She cheated on him with every guy in town and he was definitely in love with her." He explains further.

"Maybe thats why he still sleeps with her" i mutter, mostly to myself but Tyler nods.

"Why don't we get out of here, if looks could kill you would be dead by now" he laughs.

"Alright, we can just got to my place" i laugh and give her a 'what are you still looking at' face as we get up to leave

~

My day with Tyler was absolutely amazing. I needed a day with a friend to take my mind off the real world. We just hung around my apartment all afternoon. Watched movies, played games, i even fell asleep in his arms during a movie.

Tyler is so easy to be around, he's fun to hangout with. He is very easy going and hilarious. I learned today that he is a disastrous cook as he burnt a frozen pizza, leading us to have to order out instead. 

At the end of the night i saw him to the door and he took me into a hug telling me how much fun he had today and hoped we could get together soon. He gave me a quick kiss on the forehead and before i could react ran off to his car like nothing happened. I ran back into my apartment and crashed into my bed, which the smell of him was still lingering on, and smiled into my pillow.

Maybe a small crush was starting to form.

He could never like me though. When he has perfect girls like Lukes ex throwing themselves at him, i could never get a chance with a guy like him.

I rolled over to check my phone when I notice i have two missed calls and a text. All from Luke

I unlock my phone and read his text first.

i just wanted to say i'm sorry again, i hope you take a second to listen to my message.

I close out of messages and look in my voicemail to find one unread one from Luke.

I press play and put my phone on speaker phone.

Hey, um listen im really sorry i guess for blowing up at the party, i'm such a dick. I hope we can hangout soon i miss you. I just wanted to explain myself first and i guess here is the best place since i dont have to see your reaction. The first night we face-timed you there was just something about you, you were honestly perfect, even if thats cheesy. Um but i never seemed to get you out of my head and i guess i had a crush. But getting famous i lost myself and got with any girl who threw themselves at me. I guess I wasn't ready to deal with the fact that i still liked you a lot when i came back. Tylers not a good guy for you Katelynn i know him better than anyone, he's no good and seeing him with you made my blood boil. Im running out if time on this but please talk to me, or dont. Im happy you just know how i feel.

By the time the message ends my mind is racing with all kinds of thoughts. I dont know how the hell to respond to Luke so i just lock my phone and go to sleep.

What the hell do i do now.