13

Katelynn

"Justin... I'm not sure i'm ready for this" I say backing away from the crowded house.

The small house was alive with music and flashing lights, bodies and solo cups littered the front yard and i could only imagine what the inside looked like.

"Come on K! You'll be fine, now lets go find me someone to hook up with" He laughs and pulls me inside.

The inside was well, exactly how i pictured. A huge crowd of people dancing on each other, half of them not even noticing they spilt the rest of their drink. Most of them too busy making out to even be aware of their surroundings. I could never understand why people like going to these, but i guess i better start.

"Lets get you a drink" Justin pulls me through the crowd of sweaty people and takes me to a kitchen.

"J do you even no whos house this is?" I ask as he hands me a cup of, what smells like, beer. I sniff it and gag "This reeks!"

"Just drink it! And no I don't" he laughs "I usually never do" he takes notice of a girl sitting alone and shoots me a sad smile before walking her way.

Great so now im alone and sober and i dont know anyone here. This sucks. I try to chug my whole cup as fast as possible, trying to get this disgusting liquid down. I look around and notice im now alone in the kitchen. I start to look at the table of alcohol. Do people actually enjoy the taste of beer or do they just drink it to get drunk?

"Are you going to get a drink or just stand there?" I hear a guy say behind me. I jump out of the way

"I'm sorry" i say looking at my feet

"What are you doing in here all alone?" He asks and hands me a cup while getting a second one for himself.

"My friend found a girl, i didnt even want to come to this stupid thing, parties are not for me" i laugh. I probably sound like a 12 year old but i really dont care, i dont want to be here.

"Well im sorry my party did not meet your standards" he giggles "i'm Tyler"

"Sorry, well if it makes you feel better this is my first party ever" i laugh "i'm Katelynn"

I just look at him for a moment, him looking at me also. Hes tall with curly brown hair. You could see the size of his arm muscles through his shirt, he was definitely built. Probably and athlete.

"Hey why don't you come hangout with me, I'll introduce you to my friends"

"Okay sure. When justin gets bored of his new friend ill be sure to introduce you as well" i laugh. "Lead the way"

He takes my hand and walks me through a different door leading the backyard. Its in the same condition as the front yard, just with a fireplace and places to actually sit. He walks us over to a group of people i can already tell are loaded.

"Hey guys! This is Katelynn, shes gonna hang around us a bit" i give a small wave toward his friends and realize i know this one!

"Calum?" I laugh

"Kate! Oh my god, you at a party i never would have pictured this." He laughs and walks over and we sit down together.

"This is our other friends, Tia, Bryn and Brandon." He introduces me and we all give eachother a wave. "Luke is here too but he ran off a while ago, some girl"

The thought of Luke running off with another girl made me kind of upset and i dont know. Why. Im not jealous i just wish he was here. With us. Or me. Im not jealous no.

"Oh" i say simply

"You look like you need a drink" he laughs and hands me the rest of his. I drink the rest of mine and his and finally start to feel tipsy.

This is gonna be a good night