22

I decide that the best option right now is to go out with Justin for lunch and tell him everything so that i can get his input and so far, he has been absolutely useless.

"I need to do something soon. Maybe fake my death? Take off back to Australia? Help me J!"

"You can't just run from your problems" he laughs at me.

"Well it certainly sounds like the best option right now" I roll my eyes and take a handful of fries to my mouth. Fries, the ultimate comfort food. If only they could solve my problems too.

"Talk to Luke. He is obviously putting in some effort to help with the whole Tyler situation. But don't let him talk you up, don't just run to him because that might be his angle, get you hurt and he picks you back up" Justin always sees things the clearest "however, don't just go forgiving Tyler and hoping back in that train without giving Luke some thought"

Oh what a pickle i've found myself in.

~

The next morning Luke shows up at my apartment to take me out to breakfast, as he texted me last night and told me he would.

"Luke, i need to talk to you" I say as we are finishing up our food.

"What's up?" He asks, confused and clearly worries.

"So, Tyler called me" I start. "Apparently, the whole Amanda thing was a misunderstanding"

"You're kidding me?" He asks, sounding kind of angry.

"He said that Amanda told him that I would ditch him for you"

Luke laughs. "Listen to me right now"

I nod.

"These two people are the most spiteful couple i have ever met. I was dating Amanda for months when Tyler came along. She took a liking to him, as friends at first. Then he would tell her things that made her hate me, he said awful things that weren't even true. He painted me out to be the bad guy so that she would come falling to his knees. She starting fooling around with him then. I knew, but i was so stupidly attached to do anything. I let it happen until one day i came home and they were in our bed. I packed up all my shit and left. It hurt, and it was because Tyler was a spiteful asshole."

I was shocked to hear this story, but it didn't end there.

"Now Amanda, used to be a great person. He changed her, he played her and cheated on her countless times, but she is so crazy for him she sticks her nose in, trying to scare girls away from him and putting thoughts in his head just like he'd done to her.

Don't trust em Kate, you're going to get hurt"