17

Katelynn

The boys had left the next morning for the rest of the tour. They would only be gone another week to finish it up and then they would be coming back to LA to live. Just my luck the 4 boys i have been avoiding would be moving in to my town.

The week without them i spent most of my time with Justin, but i also got closer to all my new friends. Tia and Bryn asked me to hangout with them more and I agreed seeing as i dont have any girl friends here.

They have known each other their entire life so i felt quite out of place at first but i got comfortable with them very quickly.

As for Tyler we have seem eachother everyday. Whether we were just hanging out together, occasionally Brandon would tag along and tease about him being the third wheel, or having a quick lunch dates i loved to spend time with him.

He even brought me and Justin food on our lunch breaks one day and of course i got endless teasing from Justin about it.

One thing that bothers me though is even though we've been spending the week together, he's still very mysterious. I don't know much other than the basics about him and that kind of worries me. What if he's just as bad as Luke makes him out to be.

Luke. Yeah, he's called and texted me since i left him on read but i can't bring myself to answer. I don't know what to say to him.
I also know he is going to be upset if he finds out i've been hanging with Tyler still. I don't know for which reason i have been avoiding him for. But today they come home from tour and settle into LA and i just pray that i dont run into any of them for a while, or ever.

But to my luck, half of the band strolls into the restaurant me and Tyler are having yet another lunch date at. I try to make myself invisible but i find it impossible when Calum makes direct eye contact with me and starts to walk over to our table.

"Hey guys! Fancy seeing you here" Calum laughs and sits down at one of the two empty seats at our table, Ashton taking the other one.

"Hey Cal" i smile.

"Hey mate" Tyler smiles. "Has it really been a week already?"

"Yes, it was a long work filled week but we're glad to get a break" Ashton answers

"Well, i guess time flies when you spend it with such a great girl" he winks at me and i can't help but blush a little.

Calum shoots me a worried glance, and i know exactly what is going through his mind. Luke.

"Well we won't keep you guys any longer, see you around" Calum says and leaves the table, Ashton following.

I know Luke is going to be furious. Not only that i've been ignoring him, but that i've been with Tyler.

"Can i tell you something" i ask Tyler, maybe talking to him about it will makes things easier.

"Always" he smiles and continues to eat his food but giving me his full attention now.

"So, the night before they left" i start, slowly not really wanting to talk about it now. "Luke called me, i was too busy with you i had ignored my phone all day so he left me a voicemail."

"I thought you were mad at him?"

"Yeah i was, but in the message he apologized but he also told me that he has this crush on me and that seeing us together made him jealous"

Tyler doesn't say anything, he just stares at me clearly thinking.

"For whatever reason, i don't think Luke is too fond of you" i say with a frown.

"Listen, i know Luke hates me and i know why" he starts. "But how long has he had a crush on you"

"Apparently since day one, Tyler I don't know what to do, i've ignored him all week and now they're back. I've never even had a boyfriend, let alone know someone has a crush on me." I say running my hand through my hair in frustration.

"How could he like you so much but still be stuck on Amanda? Kate i hate to be the one to purpose this but i think he just wants a rebound" he says dryly.

"So i'm just another girl to be used to get over her?" I say, the sadness evident in my voice.

"Its a possibility, but you don't deserve to be treated like that, screw Luke" He smiles, trying to cheer me up again.

"Thank you" I smile "i'm sorry to cut lunch short today but i think i want to just go home and think this through. Thank you so much for talking it out with me though."

"What else are friends for" he smiles "ill drive you home"

The drive home was short and silent, but a comfortable silence. He knew i was deep in though and didnt want to bother it.

When we pulled up to my apartment building i never though Luke Hemmings would be sitting on the front steps.

"You've got to be kidding" i roll my eyes as Tyler parks he quickly gets out and comes around to open my door, as he usually does.

"Call me if he needs his ass kicked" He laughs and hugs me. He skips the usual forehead kiss, for my sake i'm assuming because we could already feel the anger radiating off of Luke.

"See you tomorrow" i wave and dreadfully walk towards Luke, who is now bolting towards me

"So that's why you couldn't be bothered to answer me?!" He practically yells.

"Lu-"

"Save it, he already took one girl from me I wouldn't be supposed if he's already in your pants too." He mutters

"Luke!" i scream back, offended. "We're friends Luke, nothing more."

I think about the first part fo his sentence now though

"What do you mean took one girl from you?"

"My ex girlfriend cheated on me with that asshole! Kate i told you he is bad news"