53. Almost is Never Enough

Author's Note

Hello! before you read this chapter i would like all of you to know that i tried my very best to word this chapeter so ir would go along with the song and lyrics. Please try to read the lyrics as it plays along if you choose to listen to the song. If not that is okay i just wanted you all to know that. Anyways, here is another chapter fro you guys i do hope you all enjoy it. Please comment, vote, and share!

PLAY SONG ON THE SIDE!!!

Elizabeth’s POV

I walked on stage and the music has started. I saw our friends sitting a couple of rows back and Eleanor gave me a small wave.  I closed my eyes and brought the mic to my mouth.

I’d like to say we gave it a try

I’d like to blame it all on life

But maybe we just weren’t right.

But that’s a lie, that’s a lie”

 I kept on singing and turned my head to look at Niall who was standing behind the curtain giving me thumbs up.  I didn’t dare to look back at the crowd so I closed my eyes.

Eleanor’s POV

Elizabeth looked so beautiful and her voice was amazing. You couldn’t tell that she was nervous but I could just by the way she kept closing her eyes. She shouldn’t be this nervous because it will all go smoothly.

Elizabeth’s POV

Almost, almost is never enough

So close to being in love.

If I would have known that you wanted me,

The way I wanted you.

Then maybe we wouldn’t be two worlds apart

But right her in each other’s arms”

As I started to get further into the song my nerves started to disappear little by little. The more I lost myself into the music the more it felt like I was in my own little world. No one could touch me, no one could judge me. It’s just me and my music.

If I could change the world over night

There be no such thing as goodbye

I heard someone sing but it didn’t sound like Niall. I opened my eyes and turned and my jaw dropped. It was Harry; he was dress in a black suit making his way towards me. I was a bit shocked but then I remembered where I was and quickly recovered my equilibrium.  

Harry reached over and grabbed my hand looking at me straight in the eyes and I sang with him. I knew that I was still mad at him but right now I didn’t care. I missed him and having him here with me, singing with me is the best feeling ever.

He released my hand and placed his hand on his stomach and kept on singing. I smiled at him and shifted my weight on my feet.  A few members of the audience wooed at us as we kept singing along. For some reason I felt like crying, I just felt so overwhelmed.

Then maybe we wouldn’t be two worlds apart

But right here in each other’s arms”

Harry reached over and placed his hand on my waist and I smiled at him feeling a blush rush to my cheeks.

Niall’s POV

As soon as I gave Harry my mic so he could walk on stage I saw Elizabeth and her face lit up. Watching her reaction made me smile. I am so happy that I could help Harry plan this; it took a whole lot of time. However, that doesn’t matter they are there together and happy. Now all we have to do is hope for the best as see if they actually do get back together.