68. Close Call

Author's Note

Hey, i am really sorry i didn't update this weeken i just didn't have the time. Please remeber that lately i will be busy but i do promise that when i do have time i will try to update for all of you. Thank you so much for reading my story, i love you all!

Please comment, vote, and share. Enjoy this chapter! xxxxx

Elizabeth’s POV

Louis was starting to get frustrated because he kept missing his shots; Niall started calling him a sore loser which would then lead to them into a playful fight. I placed my bag of gummy bears on the table and stood up cleaning my hands with a napkin before dropping it onto the table.

“I’m going to go to the restroom” I excused myself and made my way through the small crowd heading towards the restrooms.

I took time in the bathroom to place my hair into a ponytail and cleaned the smudged mascara and eyeliner from under my eyes with the tip of my fingers before walking out.  

“Elizabeth” I heard someone say and I looked up and saw Jason. My heart stopped and I stood in place for a couple of seconds. I pulled down the sleeves of my jacket and started walking once I have found my equilibrium. Unfortunately, there was only one way to walk out of the hallway so I tried my best to walk around him. When I did make my way around him he grabbed my arm and turned me around to face him.

“What do you want” I asked pursing my lips into a tight line, not daring to look up at him. I tried my best to sound stern and intimidating but in these types of situations things never go in my favor.  I shrugged his hand off of my arm.

Jason was towered over me with his tall build. “I heard you have a boyfriend now.”  He said leaning down moving his face in front of mine so I would look up at him. “It’s Harry isn’t it?” he asked with a small smile.

I stayed quiet and looked into his brown eyes for a brief moment then looked away.

Jason scoffed “Why are you so quiet, I’m just asking a question” He licked his lips. “He has a match today doesn’t he?”

I scowled and looked up at him. “What’s it to you?”

Jason smiled. “Finally, there’s the spark I was looking for” he said raising his arms up then placing them back down. “I was just thinking about going” he shrugged.

“What’s the real reason why you’re here Jason” I said quietly and rolled my eyes fidgeting with the sleeves of my jacket.

“Did you get my text?” He asked tilting his head to the side. “I just came to give you the exact same message just in case you didn’t receive it.”

Jason stepped back. “You look great” he shrugged and eyed me up and down causing chills to flown down my spine.  I looked over to the direction of our table and they were all deep in conversation. 

“I can’t believe how much you have grown in a year” he added smirking at me.

I took in a shaky breathe. “Look, I haven’t said anything and I don’t want any trouble so –“

“Of course you won’t say anything. “ Jason said interrupting me with an obvious tone taking my wrist and stepped closer towards me.  I quickly looked down at the floor feeling intimated it’s as if I was five years old again and I was about to receive my punishment.

“Because if you do then you’ll know what I’m capable of” he whispered in my ear and released my wrist. I stepped back and nodded blinking away the tears that had started to form.

“Is everything okay here?” I felt someone place their hand on my waist and saw Harry starring impassively at Jason.

“Yea, I’m just catching up with an old friend.” Jason looked at me. “I’ll see you later” he nodded and walked away.

Harry kept his eyes on Jason until he left and turned to look at me.  “Are you okay?” he asked his eyebrows knitted together.

I nodded. “We should go, we don’t want you to be late for your match” I said and grabbed his hand and started to walk.