𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓

Mark's POV

We ate our breakfast discussing about the real nightmares Jaemin, Jisung and I had. All of us boys were talking to each other but Jeno and Minsoo looks like they have their own world.

Minsoo suddenly chuckled at what Jeno said. I noticed Renjun and Jaemin glance at them and sigh heavily. I tapped Hyuck's shoulder. "Do you know what's with the four of them?" I asked.

He shrugged. "Love square," I raised a brow because I didn't know what it means. Hyuck sighed. "Renjun hyung, Jeno hyung and Jaemin likes Minsoo." I smirked at him. "Do you?"

"Hah," He scoffed. "Nah." I nudged him. "There's no point in lying, Hyuck." Donghyuck suddenly punched my gut, making me wince. "Ow! You didn't have to do that!"

"It's because I don't like her, only as a friend. I don't like anyone. I don't like you, either. Besides, we're in the middle of a dilemma. I don't know why they're like that now." Hyuck has a point.

He sighed and stood up. "I'll be in the backyard." I nodded and he went behind the house. I then finished my breakfast and went to the living room.

Jisung was there, probably thinking about what happened to him last night. I sat beside him. "You okay?" He chuckled and shook his head. "No. I'm scared of what will happen to us," He looked at me.

"Hyung, are we gonna die?"

I took his hand and gripped it. "Jisung, don't think negative. We're gonna know what causes this and why it happens, understood? It's too early to give up. Do you understand me?" Jisung nodded. "Yes. Sorry, hyung."

I rubbed his back. "We're gonna find the answers, okay?" He inhaled and exhaled then nodded again.

"You can't."

Jisung and I froze for a minute. We looked at each other. Jisung looked behind me and pointed at something, his eyes wide and trembling.

I slowly turned my head behind and saw..

Me.

His eyes were white and some veins are visible in his eyeball. Let me rephrase that. All of his veins popped out. It was all black.

My other self chuckled.

"You can't find the answers to all these unfortunate events, Mark Lee."

I stood up and covered Jisung. "Why?" It laughed.

"Because you are stupid. Three nightmare nights already yet you still don't know anything!" Its voice screeched, forcing Jisung and I to cover our ears.

I opened an eye and it smiled.. a threatening one.

"Get rid of it or you will be cursed.. forever."

Then black smoke consumed it until it was gone. "There it goes again," I looked at Jisung. "What do you mean?" He hugged his knees. "There it goes again with the 'get rid of it'."

"Get rid of what?!" I sighed exasperately. "A thing? Or-or a-"

"A monster."

I raised a brow at Jisung. "What?" Jisung met eyes with me. "The other Jeno hyung and the other you were telling us to get rid of a monster."

"What monster?" He shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe the one who are behind of all these nightmares we had. Maybe the monster they're talking about is the one who is pretending to be one of us."

My eyes widened at the realization. "Jisung, you're right!" I was going to hug him but he raised his hand. "Nope. My wound, hyung." I grinned shyly. "Sorry. I was too happy that we already have a guide."

Jisung smiled at me. "Me, too, hyung. Me, too."

Then we heard a laugh, making our smiles disappear. I looked around and behind me was the me earlier, but there was something weird about it.

Its face.

The right part was mine while the other was Jisung's.

"Stupid."

It said before zooming to attack us.

But like what had happened to me, it disappeared.

"Fucking twisted versions." Jisung cursed and stood up.

"Let's tell Renjun to prepare for the night."

•••