𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊

Donghyuck's POV

We all waited for Minsoo to say something. "It says 'monsters under your beds'." She said. She inhaled and exhaled shakily.

"What code is that?" Jisung asked and pointed at the candle. "It's not a code, it's a cipher. This is Polybius Square." Minsoo said. She snatched the pen and notebook away from Jisung and started writing.

"It's like this." She said and wrote down the page.

1 2 3 4 5

1 a b c d e

2 f g h i/j k

3 l m n o p

4 q r s t u

5 v w x y z

Then she wrote down what's written on the candle.

32-34-33-43-44-15-42 45-33-14-15-42 54-34-45-42 12-15-14-43

She pointed at the first number. "This says 32. Find the number three at the side," She pointed at the 'm'. "Then number two," She went up and pointed at the number 2. "See why 32? First, side to the right, then top to bottom." We 'oooh'ed at the same time.

"And it says..?"

"'Monsters under your beds'." She said yet again. We stayed silent for a little while before Renjun hyung spoke up. "So, we answered all the clues now." I nodded. "We just need to find why."

"I think we're close to finding it out.. hopefully." Chenle said and bit his thumb nail. "I wish the other me was here." I looked at Mark.

"Why don't you try calling him from under your bed?"

They whipped their heads at me and gave me a look like they just saw a ghost. They did see one. "What?" I motioned my hands. "Call him from under your bed."

"But why under my bed?" I sent a glare at Mark hyung. "It's because he looks like you," I folded my arms. "Just try."

"But Hyuck hyung, he told us he'll just visit us in the morning, like what happened earlier." Jisung said. I rolled my eyes. "If y'all won't do it, I'll do it myself." I started to walk away from them.

"Hyuck, I thought you're scared." Renjun hyung called out. "We know that this is gonna end soon, so what's the point of being scared this time?" I snapped and marched up the stairs. I went to Mark hyung's room and I felt a shiver as I opened the door.

I slowly dropped myself on my knees and looked under the bed. "Uhm, hey. It's me. Do-I mean.. Onyx." I said. I heard footsteps behind me and Minsoo's voice saying, "Hyuck!"

I shushed them and waited.

Smoke suddenly came out from under the bed and formed someone on it. My lips curved up into a smile when I saw the other Mark hyung standing right there.

"What are you doing here?" It scowled. "Thank god you answered! I think we know now." It raised a brow and stared at me. He nodded. "You did."

"Are we close to finding it out?"

"Will our plan on sleeping in the living room work?"

"Did we miss something?"

"Stop! Oh, you stress me, humans," It groaned out and covered its face. "I will answer it one by one so calm down. Firstly, yes. About eighty percent now. Secondly, you will find out when you wake up. Thirdly, yes.. a lot. The only answer to question number three is question number one."

I sighed. "This is gonna be so hard for us now." I felt.. heavy air on my shoulder and when I looked up, it was the other Mark's smoky hands. "You're close to finding it out so don't lose hope."

I tilted my head to the side and squinted my eyes at him. "Do you have a crush on me?" Its eyebrows creased. "Onyx, I am straight."

"Oh. I thought you were gay for a sec," I said and stood up. "By the way, thanks for answering again." I grinned.

"No problem. You are close to ending all this misery and I put my trust in you."

"Would we still see you after all this?" Mark asked. "No," It replied. "Anyway, I should head back to our realm. If I stay too long, they might find out about me helping you. Farewell, humans."

"Bye." I said like a little kid (and because I am). Black smoke covered it and it disappeared. I slowly turned around and looked at them. "So, what are we gonna do now?" I asked. Jaemin shrugged.

"End all of this."

•••
A/N:
thank you so much for 1k votes🥺♥️

sorry for the short chapter yall and this is already ending im ;-;

please support my other books yall and i think on october(?) i'll have another horror ff ;)

-BAEHYUCKS