𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞

Chenle's POV

We went to the dining room to get prepared for breakfast while Renjun hyung and I went to the kitchen to cook.

I was preparing the foods on a tray when I caught a glimpse of something move. I looked around but Renjun hyung was still frozen in his place, flipping pancakes.

I went beside Renjun hyung since the cabinet with maple syrup in it was near him. I opened it and took the container. By the time I closed it, Renjun hyung scared me by lookinh at me out nowhere.

"You scared me, Renjun hyung." I said. He didn't respond. He was just staring at me. He gave a smile that made my heart beat fast. I was scared.

He spoke in a low, different voice.

❝𝕿𝖔𝖉𝖆𝖞, 𝕴'𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖇𝖔𝖚𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖆𝖗𝖊 𝖉𝖊𝖆𝖉𝖑𝖞.❞

He then grabbed my head and pushed my head on the hot pan. I put my arms on the counter to at least get some support and not let my head fall on the pan.

"Renjun hyung, stop it!" I shouted. I pulled back my head and punched Renjun hyung. He fell on the floor and put a hand on his jaw. "I'm sorry, hyung, but I have to do that."

He suddenly became unconscious. I slowly bent down and tapped his cheek. He slowly opened his eyes and it was normal. "Hyung." He looked at me. "What happened?"

"You wanted to dip my head on the pan," I said. My eyes widened and I immediately stood up. I took the pancake off the pan and placed it above the pile of pancakes. "Thank god it's not burnt."

"What? Why would I do that?" He stood up and rubbed the side of his head. "It's not you who did it. The other you did." I stated and distributed two pancakes in one of the eight plates.

"Really? What did I say?"

"'Today, I'm thinking about the things that are deadly'." Renjun hyung's eyebrows creased as he poured maple syrup on the pancakes. "Do you think it's a clue or something?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Maybe. I'll think about it." I said and carried the first tray while Renjun hyung carried the other. We walked to the dining room. On our way, Renjun hyung said, "I'm sorry about earlier."

I shook my head. "Nah. It's not your fault. And sorry for punching you earlier. I needed to do that." We both laughed. "Yeah, my cheek kinda hurts." He muttered.

We placed the plates on the table and returned the tray in the kitchen. We went back again and ate our breakfast. "What took you guys so long?" Jisung asked. "Renjun hyung got possessed for a moment and tried to dip my head on the pan."

They suddenly stopped eating. "What?" I gave them a poker look. "I don't have to repeat it again, don't I?" They shook their heads and looked at Renjun. He raised his palms. "Hey, it's not my fault. I was possessed, remember?" He rolled his eyes.

"I punched him and thankfully, he returned to himself." Minsoo choked on her pancake and Jeno immediately handed her a glass of water. "You punched him?" I nodded and looked weirdly at her.

"I had to." I defended myself. She nodded along and we finished our breakfast. Minsoo stood up and pointed outside the room. "I'll be in the living room." We all nodded and she left.

Jeno immediately stood up and followed her. "Already following her so no one can take her away." Hyuck hyung blurted out, making Jeno hyung glare at him. He just laughed it off, as always.

"Mark hyung," I called him. "Do you think what happened to Renjun hyung and I are somewhat connected to what's happening to us? I mean, yes, it's obvious, but the thing he said."

He rubbed his chin and thought. "Maybe. We'll find out sooner or later." Jaemin and Jisung nodded.

"I hope so."

•••

Jeno's POV

When I reached the living room, I saw Minsoo staring off into the horizon, comfortably sitting on the couch. I sat beside her and she looked at me. "Oh, Jeno.." She gave me a small smile.

It was weird looking at her with her hair cut short, but she was still beautiful. "Are your wounds getting any better?" I asked. She pressed her palm on her neck. "A bit, but it still hurts. I try to avoid turning and moving while sleeping."

I nodded. "That's good." We stayed silent for a while. "Uhm, Minsoo-" I looked at her and stopped whatever I'm doing when her hair was floating in the air.

I looked at her hand and backed away. She was holding a knife. It glistened in the morning light. Her eyes were black and the same color of smoke was coming out of it.

She looked at me. She suddenly crawled on top of me and she buried her face on my neck. I was silently praying that she won't stab me with the knife.

I felt her kiss on my neck and she backed away. This time, black ink was pouring down her eyes.

❝𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖞 𝕴'𝖒 𝖉𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖞𝖔𝖚 𝖉𝖔𝖜𝖓. 𝕷𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝕴 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖆 𝖉𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓,❞

She moved away. My eyes widened when she put the knife over her neck.

❝𝕷𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝕴 𝖜𝖆𝖓𝖓𝖆 𝖊𝖓𝖉 𝖒𝖊.❞

I immediately grabbed her arm when she tried to slit her throat open. "Minsoo, stop it!" Since I was stronger, I pulled the knife from her grip. I threw it away from her.

I was hesitant to hurt her harshly, but I have no other choice. I closed my eyes and whispered, "I'm sorry" before smacking my palm on her cheek.

When I opened my eyes, Minsoo was back in her normal state. I sighed, relieved that she was back in her normal self. I was late to realise that I was hugging her.

"Jeno? What happened?" I broke our hug. "You were possessed. You were holding a knife and you tried to kill yourself." I told her. She looked at me. "Really?" I nodded.

"Jeno, I'm scared." She muttered. I put a comforting hand on hers and gave her a smile. "We're gonna make it through, okay?" She smiled, her eyes teary and she hugged me.

"I would protect you even if my life would be on the line."

•••