Chapter 18

Josh's P.O.V

I began to worry about Elizabeth's safety when I saw Jennifer come out of the bathroom without her.

"Where's Elizabeth?" I asked running upto her.

"She's gone to stay at Willow's and have some girl time," Jennifer replies, simply.

"Jen! I asked you to bring her to me so I can apologise for not telling her why I adopted her!" I nearly yelled.

"Josh..... She's upset, just give her some time,"

"Fine!" I nearly yelled, again.

I ran to my car and drove to Willow's. I knew where she lived because I occasionally dropped her off if her mum and/or dad had to work.

I pulled up in front of the simple cottage-like house and raced to the front door. I knocked, stood back then waited. Carrie eventually answered the door.

"Josh! What do I owe this pleasure?"

"I need to speak to Elizabeth and/or Willow,"

"Ok, come in, I'll go grab them,"

She guided me to the lounge room and then ran to grab the girls.

When they finally returned, the first thing I noticed was Elizabeth's tear stained face.

"I'll leave you three alone," said Carrie getting up to leave.

"Elizabeth, I am so, so sorry I didn't tell you earlier!" I nearly screamed.

"It's alright Josh, I should've told you too,"

"Told me what?"

"My mum died in a car crash and my dad then became an alcoholic and began to abuse me. He burnt, scratched and beat me with a hammer multiple times. Every time he was s.... sober he took me to the hospital had me checked out, but when the doctor asked me if I had been abused I shook my head saying I f... fell, I was s... so scared of what dad would do to me if I slipped up and told the doctor,"

She began to cry her heart out.

"Elizabeth, I am so sorry, I didn't realise! Come here," I grabbed her by the waist and let her cry on my shoulder, "Elizabeth, you are beautiful, intelligent, strong and I would never let anyone hurt you,"

"D..... Do you mean that?" she looked up at me with her big blue eyes.

"Yes, I do," I said looking into her eyes, I cupped her face and then kissed her, gently on the lips, then leaned my forehead against her.

"Ok, I'll give you two some privacy!" I heard Willow say.

"Elizabeth, I've loved you from the second I laid my eyes on you,"

"No-one's loved me s... since my dad...." I cut her off with another kiss, this time a bit stronger.

"Ok, I need to go home now, have fun with Willow, I'll pick you up late tomorrow afternoon, 'kay?"

She simply nodded her head.

It was true, I did love her, with all my heart, to the moon and back and from the moment I laid eyes on her....