Chapter 28

Elizabeth's P.O.V

I let out a shriek of pure fear. He could be here, in my safe haven! I grab my mobile from my purse and call the Emergency Services.

"I need the police, ASAP," I practically yell into the phone. I'm not very good in a crisis.

"What's wrong, 'Lizabeth?" I hear Josh's voice say. I grab his hand and drag him in front of me. I was about to break down, it was all to much. He pushes me back outside and we sit under the oak tree out the front of the house. The police soon pulled out in front of the house.

"What seems to be the problem?" asked the Sergeant.

"Someone's broken in," Josh replies for me.

"Okay, stay out here until we've cleared the perimeter and then we'll go in and see if anything is missing,"

I broke down in tears and Josh held me while I cried. Willow and Jen soon had their arms around me trying to comfort me. Soon the officer returned telling us we can go in.

"'Lizabeth, are you sure you want to go in?" Josh asks, all I do is nod.

Jen pushed me through the front door and into the lounge room. Everything was destroyed. The curtains were burnt, lamps shredded and the couches were flipped upside down and ripped from the bottom.

I was to overwhelmed to cry. Then somone jumped out from under the couch.

It was him. He came up to me brandishing a knife. The police officer grabbed him from behind and tackled him to the ground.

Maybe he had finally been caught.