Chapter 22

Elizabeth's P.O.V

Josh pulled up in front of a nice restaurant, opened the car door for me and then helped me out.

We walk into the restaurant and inside is all the actors from Journey 2 and the Hunger Games.

"SURPRISE!"

My mouths falls open into an 'o' shape and everyone just laughs.

"Y... You guys did this for me?" I asked, on the verge of tears.

"Yes, Josh organised it all and we just turned up," said Willow, coming up to me with a neatly wrapped box, "Open it!"

I sat down at the end of the ginormous table and opened my gift from Willow.

"Oh Willow! You shouldn't have!" I exclaimed. It was a beautiful charm bracelet with a heap of quotes on each charm.

"Open mine next!" squealed Jennifer, as she handed me a navy blue box.

"Jen...." I say giving her a grin. She'd bought me an IPhone!

"It has everyone's contacts on it and there's also a couple of cases for you to choose,"

I began to cry.

"Elizabeth! Don't cry, it's your birthday!" says Carrie, coming to hug me. I was speechless.

I gradually opened everyone's gifts. I received heaps of jewellery and movies. I finally made it to the last gift.

"Who's this one from?" I ask.

"Josh," says Jen, answering for him.

I open it cautiously. First of all, I read the card:

Dear Elizabeth,

I've loved you since I first laid eyes on you and you make me smile every day. Happy Birthday!

Love,

Josh

P.S. Will you be my girlfriend?

I was in hysterics by now.

"Yes! of course!" I said.

"Finish opening the gift!" Willow practically screamed.

I peel back the green tissue paper to reveal a ring with a heart shaped diamond in it.

"Oh Josh!" I cry.

I look through the rest of the gift to reveal more movies and an adorable keychain in the shape of a teddy bear.

"What am I going to put the teddy on?" I ask.

"These," says Josh, showing me some car keys.

"What?" I ask, dumbfounded.

Josh grabs me by the hand and drags me out of the restaurant. In the parking lot was a pink Porsche.

"Oh Josh!" I squeal, as he lays a kiss on my lips.

"I love you, Elizabeth," he whispers in my ear.

"I love you too," I say looking up into his eyes, as I begin to cry, "this has been the best birthday ever!"

I do truly love Josh, and I do trust him.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by gunshots. Josh throws himself on top of me to protect me, but he was to late.

I felt the pain shoot down my leg and the blood begin to trickle down it.