Chapter 23

Josh's P.O.V

As soon as I heard the gunshots I threw myself over Elizabeth to protect her but I was to late. She'd been shot in the leg.

I remembered the number plate so I called the police and an ambulance, for Elizabeth.

"Hello, Emergency Services, how can we help you?" asked the receiver on the other end.

"I need an ambulance and the police. My girlfriend has been shot by someone in a car," I answer, trying to stay calm.

"Do you have a number plate?"

"Yes it was C63TY,"

"Ok, where are you?"

"La Ristorante,"

"Ok an ambulance will be there in 10 minutes!"

I took off my jacket and tied it around Elizabeth's leg to stop the bleeding.

"Elizabeth, can you hear me?" I ask hoping to get an answer.

"Yes.... But you sound fuzzy,"

I sat down and laid Elizabeth's head in my lap and began to fiddle with her hair.

"An ambulance is on its way, ok?" I say, trying to keep her calm.

"Mmhhhmmm......" she replies.

Just as Elizabeth replied the ambulance arrived and paramedics put her on a stretcher and loaded her into the ambulance. Jen, Willow and I jumped in the back.

As we drove to the hospital I held one of Elizabeth's hands and and Jen held the other.

"It isn't life threatening but she will have to be in a wheelchair for a few weeks," the doctor said after we had her checked.

"Okay, is it safe for her to come home?"

"Yes but no stairs,"

"Okay," I say, just before the police arrived.

"Hello Ms. James, I am Sergeant Gary, we have found the person who shot you. We're sorry to say it was your father," said the Sergeant.

Poor Elizabeth, she just nodded her head.

"We are on the look out for him at the moment so if we find anything we'll let you know,"

"Okay, thank you," she says, politely.

I roll her out in her wheelchair and helped her into the car.

When we get home Elizabeth is asleep and I unload her into my bed. I climb in after I had moved her wheelchair to the front door.

I wrap my arm around her waist, kiss her forehead and I fall asleep.

I love you, Elizabeth.