Chapter 1

Chapter 1:

"Father? Where are they taking me?" I yelled to my father. I was being restrained by two big men. I looked in the eyes of my father's sorrow filled ones.

"Be good. Do as your told." he told me as my mother cried in his chest.

"No!" I screamed as I was taken away.

‹-♠-♠-♠-| -------|-♠-♠-♠-›

That was the last time I saw my parents for the last eight years. They were just... You see I'm a dove of a sky. It is a bird mixed with a person. Most people mistake us for angels, but we are more like the human's fantasy fairies. They've got some facts right. Yes we had wings and were part human, but that's about it. You see, we had to earn our wings to change color, we had to find our inner power every dove has one, we live in a town on the clouds, and after we turn six we are taken from our family until we are 14. So here I am now. I am now fifteen. I had to study how our kind lives, but what I don't know is who my parents are. Apparently once you are released, you have this pull to lead you to them. Like they are calling to you. Everybody has a different power, but you need to discover it. I hope to find mine soon. No doubt that there will be bragging on who gets there power first. I hope that I didn't get mine first or last. I hated the attention.

I glanced down at my wings nervously. They were a green tinted white. I hated them because I stood out. Everybody's was a white, but mine was tinted green. We would leave in two minutes. I glanced around nervously as I saw the other girls. Most of them were jitty and talking of how excited they were to meet there parents. I wasn't worried about that, I was worried about if the prince would pick me. The girls were excited about that and I knew I'd stand out. I had long brown hair and green eyes with specks of red and yellow with a dark blue rim. My eyes were funny. They were different. I only had one friend, her name is Helen. She is a red haired girl with blue eyes. I searched for her in the crowd but with no luck gave up. The prince of the knights needed a bride, he was fourteen and had to pick one of us. I felt somebody hug me from behind...

"Helen!" I yelled as I turned to her. She smiled and laughed as we hugged each other.

"May, we need to focus. We need to stay together and convince our parents to live next to each other." she told me. I chuckled.

"Helen, I doubt that they'd move just for us." I told her. She jutted out her lip all pouty like and folded her arms. She was always so dramatic.

"Ladies. I have been informed that the prince will not come. You are to just fly around and let the pull take you to your parents. The prince is busy. It is simply delayed and we will keep you posted on any information if you want it." Headmistress Gloria told us. All the girls groaned except for me. Helen was obsessed with the prince. Lots of the girls had his picture in their lockers. I didn't. I smiled. Good, no dumb contest I thought as I saw Gloria open the gates and flew out after everybody else. Helen was the first one out. I was last. I went slowly and was just about to leave when...

"May." Gloria yelled to me. I turned and flew back down.

"Yes Mrs. Gloria?" I asked as I bowed to her.

"None of that bowing. Come with me. Somebody wants to talk to you." She told me. I nodded as I followed her back in the building. I saw a person dressed in a red cloak and one in a dark blue. I flew over to them and they lifted there cloaks. I drew in a breath and bowed. It was the queen of the doves and the king of doves. I bowed. The king was a man who had brown hair and green eyes. He was the king of all the lands. The angels, doves, knights, and messengers. I didn't meet eye contact because it was disrespect as I kneeled and looked down at my feet.

"Stand." he ordered and so I did. The next person took off their cloak and I bowed again. It was the queen. She had brown hair with golden eyes.

"Stand." she ordered and I did. They both looked at me and I pretended not to notice.