Chapter 9

Recap:

I opened the gift from my parents and found that they bought me a silver dress and I held it up and gasped. It was gorgeous. I then saw a piece of paper folded carefully at the bottom of the box. I held it up and saw that it was parchment. In royal purple writing it said,

The Royals have been trying to find more information on the world below the clouds. We will pay good money to those who are willing, but you must pass three tests to go under tthe clouds. You have to have a team of eight people precisely to qualify. It's judging will start in a month and so I wish you he best of luck.

Sincerely,

Your King

I screamed and hugged my father. I got a chance! He smiled and patted my head.

"There's one more." My mother said. I nodded and went over to the big box. I lifted the lid and peered inside. There was a gold tiarra in it that was surrounded by different papers. I picked up one and read it,

"There isn't a day that goes by,

a day without thinking of you and hopes of you being my,

my lover, my dove too.

Oh doves how much I love you." Aw that was super cheesy! I knew now that it was from Matt. Matt. That sent a ripple of pain through my body. I smiled sadly and put the paper back into the box. I left the tiarra in the box and grabbed the box and carried it up to my large room. I set it down in the backbite my closet and got the rest of my gifts up stairs. I hugged a pillow tightly to my chest as I thought things through.

After an hour of thinking I came up with a solution,

I would enter the contest and win, I would wait for Matt to make the first step, and I will get Matt to fall for me.

o-O-O-o

Chapter 9: (Do you see the smilely face? Use your imagination. Imagine the 9: as a smilely face stick out his tongue wit a mustachio .)

Helen stared at me intently when I told her that we needed a team. She looked... scared. Helen scared? I never thought I'd live to see the tale.

"Helen?" I asked her. I snapped her out of her daydream of fear.

"Yes?" Helen asked.

"Are you okay?" I asked Helen.

"Yes. Fine." Helen snapped. I knew that she wasn't fine by her tone of voice.

"Helen, it's going to be fine. I promise that I won't let anybody hurt you." I promised.

"Promise?" Helen asked.

"Yes. I promise. Now we will get four knights and so we need to get two more doves." I said.

"Wait, one one condition." Helen told me.

"Anything." I responded immediately.

"We have to have four nights and I get to pick them." Helen told me.

"Fine, deal. Now back to the real question. Who are the two doves that we should pick?" I asked.

"Hm...who was the most interested in our classes on the land below the clouds?" Helen asked.

"I can't remember." I admitted.

"Of course not. You always were so drawn into Gloria." Helen chuckled.

"Well sorry for paying attention in class." I told Helen.

"Shh. Let me think." Helen told me.

"Sorry." I apologised softly. Helen closed her eyes and nodded her head.

"Oh I remember!" Helen exclaimed.

"Well who was it?" I asked now excited.

"There was Carly, Emma, Violet, Dawn, and Amber." Helen told me. I shuddered at the snobs' names, Carly and Emma. Dawn had a clipped wing.

"Well what about Amber, and Violet?" Helen asked as if she could read my mind.

"Yes!" I cried and I went and hugged her.

"Okay lets go ask them." Helen said as she laughed. Helen grabbed my arm and we my window.

"Violet!" Helen yelled as we landed next to Violet.

"Hello Helen, Princess May." She bowed to me.

"None of that." I told her.

"Okay. What did you want?" Violet asked as she pushed her hair behind her.

"Do you want to team up for a challenge?" I asked Violet. Everybody knew that Violet couldn't turn down a challenge.

"Okay. What is this challenge?" Violet asked.

"Going below the clouds." I told her.

"Oh why didn't you say so in the first place." Violet asked.

"But it will be dangerous." I told her.

"I laugh danger in the face." Violet replied. (A/N: That sounds really familiar...)

"So can we count you in?" Helen asked.

"Heck yeah." Violet said.

"Okay we'll need to fill you in with details." I told Violet.

"Okay." Violet said and so we filled her in with the letter. When we were done she smiled at us.

"Violet? Do you know where Amber is?" Helen asked Violet. Violet nodded.

"Amber went to go collect rain crystals." Violet told us.

"Okay." I said and Helen and I flew off to the rain crystal field. We spotted Amber with her little brother with jars.

"Amber!" I yelled and Helen and I flew down next to her.

"Princess May, Helen." She responded as she bowed.

"None of that." I repeated.

Amber stood and nodded.

"Amber would you like to help us with something?" Helen asked Amber.

"Sure." She replied. Helen knew how to get this. If we got Amber to side with us we'd have a great team, well half a team.

Amber had a caring heart and cared about everybody. Helen was very sarcastic and brave. Violet was very brave, she was strong and loved to be dared; challenge. While I was smart, short, and fast.

"We need you to go below the clouds with us. To explore the world beneath us." I explained. Fear crossed Amber's face. My stomach dropped. She's going to say no. Amber hesitatated but nodded.

"I will go." Amber declared.

"Really?" I asked and smiled. Amber nodded. We filled Amber in and when we were done Amber assured us again that she would still go.

"Yeah." Helen hugged Amber and we snick back in our room.

"Well half a team down, one more to go." I told Helen.