Chapter 14

Chapter 14

May's P.O.V.

I decided to write in the journal that I decided to keep after winning the contest. I remember what had brought me to purchase it;

★★★ Flashback ★★★

"Later." I promised my father. He nodded and told us about our mission and what our future would hold.

"You may not return to see this land. As hard as that is to say, I hope that that doesn't happen to any of you," my father met my eyes with concern that shone through his, "you may come to tragic deaths or add to the party. Whatever may happen, it's important not to give up. It is important to learn to trust each other as if you are one person. The way that you trust your arms, legs, sword, or wings to help you. That is all." my father suddenly said before he turned and walked away.

"What is wrong with him?" Helen whispered over to me?

"I think that he is just upset that we won. He isn't ready to let me go after just getting me back." I explained. Helen nodded. The two of us then linked arms and bid the others goodbye as we took off.

"Hey can we stop at the bazaar?" Helen begged as she gave me a face that she had made her eyes hive and her lip jutted out.

"Fine. I can browse while you go shopping." I decided. Helen squealed and hugged me as we flew in the direction of the bazaar.

When we got there, we went our separate ways; Helen to the clothing section, me to the book. I was going around the shelves when I saw this brown journal that had gold stitching on the binding and had a leather top. It had a tree scrubbed into it. It had golden pages that were blank. I flipped through it and decided that I should get it. I looked at the price tag labeled on it and saw that it was 5 spiges. I decided to get. After all it was cheap. The money up here was funny. 10 spiges=1 yerounds. 15 yerounds=1 silverstein. 2 silversteins=1 gemrald.

I grabbed my journal and went off to find Helen.

★★★ End of Flashbac2urnal Entry

************************************

Dondsday, Roduskis the fourth

(Translation: Monday, March 4th)

A few days had passed since we had found out who's won; as little as that time may seem, a lot has changed since. Helen and I had fought over Matt. She kept trying to set the two of is up which of course led to the two of us fighting. Matt tries to talk to me but I attempt to stay clear of him as much as possible. Matt, Travis, Ross, and Daniel have all been attempting to confront me but I merely would walk in the opposite direction when I see them. They try to approach me and I shove them off. Am I doing the right thing?

************************************

End of Journal Entry

I sighed as I closed my journal and layer back on my bed. I closed my eyes and took a short nap. I opened them and felt something warm on my back and a warm arm draped around me. I looked over and saw Matt sleeping next to me. He was so cute when he slept. I couldn't resist as I leaned over and tapped his nose. He suddenly opened his eyes and smiled.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

He sighed before answering, "Well I think that your my-" he cut off before continuing, "It hurts not to be around you amenity want to ask you for your forgiveness." Matt told me as his eyes sparkled as they gazed into mine.

"Fine, just stay here. It kind of hurts when I'm not around you too." I admitted to him quietly. Matt's eyes shot up when I said this.

"Really?" he asked eager now.