Chapter 5

Chapter 5:

Matt's P.O.V.

"So do you want to dance?" A girl with blonde hair asked me. She had to be the one hundredth girl I danced with tonight. I watched the doors for May. It was now eleven thirty and I waited for the time of the dove to come, but also dreaded it.

"Yes." I fake smiled at the girl as a new song played. I barely paid attention as my feet moved to the music.

"Nice weather, huh?" she tried to start a conversation.

"Yup." I answered her. She bit her lip.

"You don't want to be here right?" she asked me.

"Yup." I answered with my face blank.

"Well would you at least attempt to pay attention to me?" she snapped bitterly.

"Nope." I answered and then turned my head to the sound of the doors opening...

O-o-o-O

May's P.O.V.

"I am not going." I told Helen. It was a half an hour's fly to the castle.

"Yes you are, even if I have to drag you there." she warned.

"Fine." I finally said and we set off for the castle. I was in a white dress with golden stitches in it that made great designs with my hair down with a flower type crown on my head. I had on a white mask with golden feathers. Helen insisted on this outfit. Helen wore a toned down blue dress that fit her figure nicely unlike mine that puffed out, and wore a silver mask with blue feathers. She also wore her hair down with a silver clip in her hair. She also wore silver heels and I wore gold.

We finally arrived at the castle and the guards let us in. They asked our names for an announcement of our arrival. He wanted Helen to go first. Helen gave her name as Helen Watersnap. I still didn't know my last name so I gave him just May.

"Helen Watersnap." the booming voice of a guard shouted and opened the door. I watched as Helen walked out and the door was pulled shut.

"Wait two minutes." the guard told me. I nodded. I felt nervous without Helen next to me.

Two minutes went by too fast.

"May." The guard boomed and opened the door. I walked down the stairs and saw Matt in a black tuxedo and a plain black mask coming close to me. I ignored him and tried to find Helen. Helen did this on purpose! That little duck!

I reached the bottom of the stairs and saw Matt come and extend his hand to me. I hesitated but took it. He smiled as he led me to the ballroom floor.

The song started up and we began to step in sync. I was focused the whole time not to slip up. When it ended, I bowed and tried to leave but he caught my waist and looked in my eyes.

"May. I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Please just give me another chance." Matt plead.

"Matt, I've waited my whole life for people, I just can't wait any longer. I'm sorry." I told him as I flew off to find Helen. I found her over by the drinks. I landed and had my wings go down and fold into each other. That way you couldn't see them from a front view. Helen smiled at me.

"How's it go?" Helen asked.

"Fine." I replied.

"Is he coming? Or did you come here for me to meet him properly." Helen asked.

"No." I told her.

"Why not?" Helen asked.

"Because-" I was cut off by Helen's giggling.

"What is it?" I asked her.

"He's-" Helen was cut off.

"Hello." I heard Matt say behind me and so I turned and saw Matt.

"Hello." Helen replied. I slowly turned back around and glared at the ceiling.

"You look beautiful tonight, May." Matt told me. I turned around and nodded.

"Yes she does. Oh so are you two dating yet?" Helen asked Matt.

"No!" I yelled a little too loud.

"Why not?" Helen asked.

"I haven't asked her yet." Matt admitted.

"We'll ask her." Helen told Matt.

"Okay May. Would you like to go out with me?" Matt asked me. Is he kidding?

"No." I responded. Matt's face dropped.

"Why not?" Matt asked but I could tell that he tried to keep his voice cool.

"Because you didn't tell me you were a royal." I explained.

"Well maybe I wanted to be normal for a few days so sorry." Matt said and then smiled at girls who looked close by and walked away.

"But you are not normal!" I heard Matt shout after me. Not normal? I decided just to ignore him.

"Helen can we go?" I whispered to her.

"Yes." Helen answered and so we left and went back to her house and we went to bed right away.