Chapter 2

Hayden

I woke up to the sound of my phone being attacked with messages, groaning I turned in my bed to see Amanda had texted me. Apparently she went home with some guy and needed to be picked up before she puked all over him. I laughed and went to change from sweats to some jeans and a hoodie. Basically all I ever wear nowadays.

I texted her back and told her to give me the address, she happily gave it to me and thanked me for even getting up. I grabbed my car keys and headed out of the apartment to the garage. Finally I could afford a car, it's not the best but it's at least working. I got promoted to manager at Starbucks so I now earn a bit more than I used to, which is nice since I live with Amanda instead of my parents.

The drive was actually short, just about 16 minutes. Which surprised me, every time she goes home with a boy she ends up far away. I'm always the one to get her in the morning, so I've gotten used to it.

As I pulled up I texted her, letting her know that I was there. After a few moments she came out of the apartment building, it looked like a real walk of shame by the look of her face. I started laughing when she got inside the car, Amanda just glared at me before she chuckled.

"So who was this?" I asked with a smirk. It looked like she had to think for a moment before she answered my question.

"His name was Caleb... I think." Amanda said and narrowed her eyes, I looked at her when she said the familiar name.

"Uh, tall, blonde hair and works at Starbucks?" I asked as a smile slowly began to spread on my face. Amanda hesitated before she nodded, I burst out laughing as she did. "That's my coworker." I said between laughs, Amanda then also burst out laughing. I'm so going to torment him about this on Monday.

When we got home Amanda went straight to bed, since it was still pretty early. 11pm to be exact. I decided to clean the apartment a bit, since it looked really bad. We are pretty messy people, so it can look nice and the next second is looks horrible. It might be because we hardly ever clean, but I guess it's alright.

Anyway, Mason is also coming over in a bit, and I like it when is looks somewhat good in here. So I started cleaning up the place a bit while listening to music.

After cleaning for a while the buzzer rang and I went over to answer it. It was Mason so I let him in and waited for him to get up here. We live on the third floor, so it doesn't take that much time. I usually prefer to use the stairs. "Hey babe." Mason said as he walked inside, I looked up from my spot on the couch and smiled.

"Hi." I smiled, I tried to hide my frown as I looked at him. It's not that I don't like him, but he really isn't the person I could see myself being with for the rest of my life.

This shouldn't be something to worry about at the age of 20, but I'm having a baby and I don't feel like wasting time with someone I don't want to be her stepdad. That's actually stupid, why would I even want that?

Mason is a really great guy, but I don't feel the excitement anymore or anything actually. I know that the excitement goes away eventually, but this feels weird. Even him being at my place at this moment feels weird.

"Is everything alright?" Mason asked as he sat down beside me, I looked at him and sighed. My fingers was suddenly more interesting to stare at. "Just tell me." He said and leaned back.

I'm not good at breaking up with someone. I get all awkward and weird, sometimes I even make a lot of weird hand gestures. I don't even know why I do that, but I do really strange things when I'm uncomfortable.

"I... I can't do this anymore." I said and rubbed my face, not ready to look at him. When I felt him lean forward again, I turned my head slightly to look at him. He had a sad smile on his face.

"That's alright, I knew you would break up with me eventually." Mason said as he put this arm around my shoulders. I frowned and gave him a weird look.

"Then why didn't you just do it yourself?" I asked him, confused and really weirded out by this.

"Because you're amazing and I couldn't bring myself to do it." He said and smiled at me, for me this was all very strange. "Well, I'm going to go. Hopefully I'll see you again." Mason smiled at me as he stood up and left.

When he closed the door behind him, I just sat there, thinking. That was the most weird break up I've ever had, it didn't even feel like one. But I guess that's good.

I shook my head and went to make some food, remembering that Amanda was probably hungover. So she probably wouldn't say no to some food.

As I walked over to the kitchen area, there was a lot of loud voices in the hall. I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "Boys."