Chapter 22

Colby

The white walls in my room seemed boring as I stared at them, my thoughts were spinning as I didn't understand what was going on between me and Hayden.

A few days ago I was so close to finding out what we were doing, but got interrupted and now I'm still as confused as I was then. I really just need to know if I'm wasting my time or not.

Things were so much easier when I first met her, at that time I could almost see what she wanted and how I made her feel. Now she is more like a closed book that I have to study if I want to know what is in it.

I really just want to know if things will go back to how it was before hell broke loose.

My thoughts were interrupted when Sam came bursting through the door scaring the hell out of me. "What the hell dude?" I asked in confusion as I stared at him.

"I don't know, I'm bored." Sam shrugged and sat down on the couch, I gave him a weird look.

"Sometimes, you're so weird." I laughed and so did he. Sam and I always just go to each other's apartments whenever we want to. That's what chill about living in the same complex.

Usually we hang out with Jake a lot too, but he met a girl and they are usually together all the time, but I won't complain. She seems to make him really happy.

A frown was plastered on my face as I thought about it. "What's wrong?" Sam asked and leaned back in his seat. I sighed softly.

"Still Hayden." I answered and Sam rolled his eyes. I know he thinks this whole thing is stupid and that we should figure things out, or to drop her. But I can't seem to let her go.

"Did you try to ask her?" Sam asked and I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm. "Hey! What was that for?" Sam asked with a grin.

"Of course I've tried to ask her, I'm not that stupid." I did a dramatic hand gesture, but that seemed to only make Sam laugh.

"Alright, sorry." He chuckled when I glared at him. "I say you go over to her apartment right now and ask her." San said as he gave me a pointed look.

I sighed. "I can't do that." I hesitantly said and leaned back in my seat. That would just be weird and she would probably be pressured to say anything about this.

Sam and I ended up talking about it for a few more minutes before a knock on my door, ending the conversation. I groaned as I stood up and walked over to the door.

My eyes landed on Hayden as she stood outside my apartment in a oversized hoodie and a pair of leggings. She was biting her nails as she nervously looked up at me.

A frown was plastered on my face as I started to talk. "What are you doing here?" I asked in confusion, my eyebrow was raised as I stared down on her.

I don't think I've ever mentioned it, but Hayden is actually pretty small. It's so cute, I love the fact that she can wear really high heels and I'm still taller than her.

"Um... I actually wanted to talk to you." She shyly said.

"Oh." I said and stepped out of my apartment, so Sam didn't hear us. Hayden gave me a confused glance as she took a few steps back to give me space. "Sam is inside, what did you want to talk about?"

Hayden scratched the back of her neck nervously. "Well I'm just going to say this fast and get it out." She told me with wide and crazed eyes. I nodded in amusement urging her to continue. "Ok... I like you, like a lot and I just wanted you to know, like so you know." She was talking really fast and I was lucky to even understand what she was saying. "And I want to be with you." She let out a big breath as she stopped talking.

I just stared at her with a smile, she just told me everything I needed to know. What I actually was considering asking her. "I really like you too." I told her with a smile, she smiled back at me.

"Thank god." Hayden sighed as she pulled me in for a hug.

We stood there like that for a few moments, just enjoying each other's warmth. The smile never left my lips as I now knew that she felt the same way as me.

Maybe now we could finally move past everything and start a new chapter together.

A/n

IM SORRY for this shitty ass short chapter, BUT I'm having the worst writers block and I have no clue on what to write. So sorry if this sucked😂