Chapter 3

Hayden

I looked over at Caleb who was cleaning tables as I sat on the couch a few feet away. After I got pregnant and stared having a bit of a trouble walking around, he stepped up and is now helping me with everything.

"Thank god you're going on maternity leave soon, so I can stop cleaning." Caleb groaned and turned to look at me. I laughed and shook my head.

"You're so fucking lazy, it's crazy." I said with a goofy grin. Caleb just rolled his eyes and went to sit with me. "So what did you do this weekend?" I asked, even though I knew and all I really wanted was to rub it in his face.

"Not much, went clubbing on Saturday." He started, he noticed my grin but decided to talk more. "Sucks you can't go out with us anymore though."

"Well I don't have a fake ID like you do." I shrugged. "Did you have fun with Amanda?" I asked and laughed when he gave me a confused glance.

"Who is Amanda?" Caleb asked completely clueless, which made me laugh even more. It's not a shock that he don't remember her name. It's Caleb for crying out loud.

"My best friend whom you slept with and I had to pick her up at your place." I grinned at him, when he realized what I meant, his eyes got big. "This is amazing." I said in between laughs, his face made it even more fun.

"Fuck, are you going to play matchmaker now?" Caleb leaned back in his seat and looked at me with a blank face. I grinned and wiggles my brows, as he chuckled.

"I'm just kidding, I don't want someone as lazy as you to date her." I casually said and stood up. "I don't think she wants to date you either way." I told him with a shrug and walked away.

I knew this would get to him, and that's the only reason I said so. It's really fun to mess with him, he always get so dramatic.

"Excuse me, I'm not lazy and why?" He asked loudly as he walked behind me, I just laughed and turned to face him with a smirk. Caleb rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, waiting for me to answer.

"You are lazy, the only reason you are cleaning is because it looks like I'm going to explode, that's a fact. Also I was kidding, I have no idea if she would want that." I shrugged and walked behind the counter to get my purse.

Caleb looked at me for a few moments before answering. "I'm not going to argue with a pregnant lady, but I actually agree. I really am lazy." He laughed and walked over to where I stood to also get his stuff.

We walked out of store before locking it, we now always close the store at 10 in weekdays. I said goodbye and began to walk away from Caleb.

"Hey!" He yelled after me, I turned to look at him in confusion. "Want to get something to eat? I'm starving." Caleb said as he gestured towards the Italian restaurant across the street. I smiled and walked up to him again.

"That sounds great!" I beamed and began walking towards the restaurant. I love Italian food, and I was actually quite hungry myself. "But you're paying." I grinned at him as he walked a few steps behind me.

Caleb rolled his eyes with a smile, "of course" he said and I just laughed at him.

We got a table and ordered our food, we used to talk and hangout often, but we don't do it often anymore. We had a lot to catch up on.

"How is everything with Mason?" Caleb asked and leaned a bit on the table, his eyes was planted on one of the waitresses. I laughed and shook my head at him, he finally looked back at me after that.

"I actually broke up with him yesterday, but it's for the best." I shrugged and took a sip of my water, Caleb eyed me as I did so.

"Because you're still in love with Colby?" He asked and I almost choked on my drink. I looked at him with big eyes, not expecting him to mention Colby.

I shook my head and cleared my throat. "I'm not interested in him anymore, that's a long time ago." I said with a frown, why would he even think that? I haven't spoken to Colby in forever.

Maybe I should bring him to the doctor on Friday? Incase something is wrong, he should know about it too, that would actually be nice. Also to see him again, it's been a while.

"Oh, my bad." He said and scratched the back of his neck, I continued to frown at him, expecting a better explanation. "Uh, well I just thought since it's his baby and you two were really close, you'd still have feelings for him." Caleb explained, seeming a bit uncomfortable.

I chuckled and shook my head again. "Not really. It's his baby, yes - but I don't really think much of it anymore." I said and he nodded, understanding where I stood in the situation. "What's been going on with you?" I asked, more interested in that.

"Well, I've been clubbing a lot." He laughed and so did I. "But yeah I've been great actually, actually thinking about going back to college. I don't think I can keep working at Starbucks." He said and waited for me to answer.

Caleb is a few years older than me, so he is turning 22 in May I think. He told me a long time ago that he dropped out of college, because he lost motivation and his grades dropped a lot.

I can understand that, I didn't even start college or university after high school. I was so done with everything about school, and a break from it was something I needed.

"Are you going to be continuing with drama or are you thinking about another major?" I asked, when he was about to answer the waiter came back with our food. We thanked him and I looked back, waiting for an answer.

"I don't know, drama was something I really liked, but now I'm actually thinking about majoring in art." He said and waved his fork around as he did so.

"Art sounds fun, you're great at drawing and stuff like that." I told him with food in my mouth, such a lady. I ordered pasta and it was delicious, so I couldn't help but stuffing my mouth with it.

"Thanks." He sheepishly smiled and started eating himself, "I think it would be a fun thing to experience." He shrugged and I nodded, agreeing with him.

I wonder when I'm going to get a education.