Chapter 25

Hayden

Two months later

The hallway of the apartment complex was quiet as I sat on the floor outside of my own apartment. My eyes wandered around the hall and occasionally stared at some of the flickering lights.

I've been watching too much Sam and Colby, flickering lights creep me out from time to time.

Thoughts were flooding my mind as I was by myself. Like how this year has gone by so fast, so many things has happened.

It's been a year since I moved to LA and my life has been turned around ever since. All because of the boy who used to live across the street. That boy is now my boyfriend, for the second time.

Everything used to be so different. My parents were crap, my brother was an idiot (still is). I used to love working at cafes, but now I'm on YouTube. My friends are my world and I literally can't live without them.

I almost had a baby...

People say that everything happens for a reason, so were we not ready for that part our life? Of course we weren't ready. Hell we haven't really started living yet.

But she's always going to be in my heart and my love for her is never ending, even though I didn't get to meet her.

I guess it would be even more heartbreaking if this happened after her birth. I went down a spiral of bad thoughts and actions after I lost my girl, but I'm fine now. It still breaks my heart to think about it though, but it's been one of life's lessons.

Now, you might be wondering, why the fuck are you sitting outside of your apartment? Well let me tell you a story.

The other day, Colby made me go out with him to film a video for my channel. Since I suck and never post, he dragged me out and we did a lot of fun stuff for a random video.

I still don't know what to call the video, a couple of dumb people? Maybe not.

Anyway, after running around like two idiots in love, I lost my keys. Since I don't do things at the very moment I should, I ended up not getting another and now we are here.

Amanda isn't home yet, and Colby is doing some haunted shit with his friends. I guess that's their new thing now.

So until Amanda gets here I'm stuck.

I shifted in my seat and leaned my head back so it was resting against the door. "I need a life." I told myself and chuckled a bit, you know you've been alone for quite some time when you start talking to yourself.

"Why are you sitting outside of the apartment?" A familiar voice said, my eyes widened and I looked over at the boy who had a grin plastered on his face.

"What the... I thought you were with Sam." I told my boyfriend. Colby chuckled and walked over to me. He sat down beside and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Something went wrong, so we had to leave. But Hayden, it's almost 2 am." He gave me a look, he was still wondering why I was alone and not inside my apartment.

I chuckled softly. "Lost my key, remember?" I answered him. "I still haven't gotten a new one." Colby just laughed at that.

"Of course you haven't." His voice was playful as the words left his lips. I lightly punched his thigh, which made his smile bigger.

"It's weird to think that I've only known you for what? A year and a half, and so much has happened." I said as my head was now resting on his chest.

"I know, and I couldn't be happier." He said and I looked up at him with a small smile. "Hayden, you've made me so god damn happy, sad and angry, and I couldn't ask for a better person to be with."

I sat up and looked at him. "Where is all of this coming from?" I asked him, not sure where he was going with this. Colby sat up as well so we were facing each other.

"It's just that, I'm so madly in love with you and I feel like I don't tell you enough what you really mean to me." Colby shyly said, a smile appeared on my face.

I felt lucky to have him. "Well I'm madly in love with you too, Brock." I told him. He puffed out a small breath before leaning in to kiss me, I met him halfway.

This time as our lips met, this feeling of total happiness overtook my body and mind. It almost felt like I was about to melt, that's how happy I was.

"I love you." I breathed as we pulled back. A big smile was on both of our faces, and I couldn't help but feel like the luckiest girl.

"And I love you." Colby said and the butterflies in my stomach went crazy.

At this moment I knew that Colby Brock was going to be in my life for a long time. It just felt right and I knew he thought this way too.

Love may make you blind, but it also makes you realize who the perfect person for you is and that is what he is.

Perfect.

A/n

I HOPE you all enjoyed this and I'm sorry for the delay. But the end is near. I got one last chapter to write and then I'm done with this.

It's sad to think that 6 months ago I started writing the first book and now I'm almost done with the second one. But I'm happy that you all like this and the support has been amazing!!

Love you all, and your comments are hilarious🥺