Chapter 16

Colby

I woke up the next morning because my phone was blowing up, I carefully loosened one of my arms and reached out to grab my phone. Hayden was still sleeping and I couldn't blame her. We stayed up pretty late and she was already tired when she joined us.

I had a couple of texts from Sam, but I ignored them when I saw the others texts from Ashley. I frowned and read them. She wanted me to come over to her place and my frown deepened by that.

Ashley and I had a little thing a while ago, but I guess it was just an attempt to get over Hayden, but Ashley got more attached to me than I expected. The weird thing is that I told her that we should stop seeing each other a few months ago, so why she was texting me confused me.

Colby:
Why?

I answered her, wondering why she suddenly wanted to see me.

Ashley:
Because I want to see you. Miss you.

Colby:
We ended this a long time ago and I'm with someone else, sorry.

After that last text she stopped replying to me and I put down my phone, and looked over at Hayden. She was still sleeping. I didn't want her to see me texting Ashley, I'm trying to get her back and texting other girls is probably not going to help me.

All I want now is for Hayden to trust me again like she used to, and I think I'm getting closer to my goal.

I know she haven't been the best, but she seems better already and I want to help her get back to how she used to look at life before she lost our baby. It still breaks my heart to think about it, but I think Hayden is more hurt than me. She carried that baby for so long and it must really be hard to just loose someone just like that.

"What are you thinking about?" Hayden asked me, I looked over at her and she was now facing me. She looked tired, but she had gotten around 8 hours of sleep.

"Nothing important." I chuckled and pulled her closer to me. I felt her smile against my chest and my heart instantly started beating faster by that. She really has that effect on me.

We cuddled a bit more and my thoughts started shifting again as Hayden fell back asleep.

I know that I said that I won't wait for her to make up her mind and all that, but I sure as hell will wait for her until she is ready to realize that we are meant to be together. I know I sound a bit too much at this point, but I don't really care.

It's like I know that she is going to face reality and be with me, I've seen the way she looks at me and no one can say that's just how she always look at people, because I know her better than most people. Except Amanda.

Still I feel bad for what I said, I always do. I really need to learn how to shut the hell up and don't just say things I don't mean. I've done this to her a lot and I always feel horrible. I seriously don't know why I keep doing it, but I'm trying to get better at showing my emotions a better way.

A few hours later...

"Seriously?" Hayden asked with wide eyes as she was leaning on the kitchen counter. I stood on the opposite side and nodded. I just told her about mine and Sam's plans for our YouTube channel.

Hayden didn't know what we got arrested and had to stop going our normal explore videos. I wish I took a picture of her when I told her I got arrested in a Justin Bieber t-shirt. It was priceless.

"Yeah, exploring haunted places that won't get us in trouble is going to be our new thing." I smirked at her and she just shook her head amused.

"You guys really are something else." Hayden said and I nodded in agreement. We really are, even though more people have started doing what we do, there is not a lot of people that have the same interest in the paranormal as we do. "I need to go, I went to bed at the same time as Amanda and I left my phone at the apartment." Hayden said and walked over to my side.

"That's fine. I'll walk you over." I told her and put my arm around her shoulders. She smiled up at me and I returned it, happy that she is still by my side.

I opened the door and we both stopped, shocked by the blonde girl standing outside my apartment. A frown grew on my face as I looked at Ashley.

"How do you know where I live?" I asked her and she grinned at me, completely ignoring Hayden even though I still had my arm around her shoulders.

"I talked to one of your friends." She said in a high pitched voice, I furrowed my brows. I had already forgotten how annoying her voice actually was.

"And why are you here?" Hayden asked, she took a step forward and put her hands on her hips. A small smile formed on my lips as she stood in front of me.

Ashley looked at Hayden with hatred in her eyes. "To see Colby." She states and I could almost feel the death stare Hayden was giving her. "Aren't I welcome Colby?" Ashley asked in a fake sweet voice, even though both me and Hayden knew that she was angry about the fact that another girl was with me.

"As I told you, we ended what ever it was, a long time ago. So I don't really know why you're here." I said and scratched the back of my neck, nervous about what Hayden would say about this.

"You heard him." Hayden said with a grin. Ashley glared at her and angrily walked away from us. When she was gone, Hayden turned to look at me, amused yet again. "And who was this chick?" She asked with a smile.

It took me a few seconds before I answered, I didn't think Hayden would be cool about that. "Well I kinda dated her a bit after we broke up." I said and she nodded. "Are you angry?" I asked her, unsure if she actually cared about this at all.

"Why would I?" Hayden laughed and pulled me in for a hug. "I also dated after we broke up, so I'm not mad that a girl that clearly still likes you shows up." Hayden said and I hugged her tightly. "I don't blame her though." She added and I felt her smile against my chest.

"This is why you are amazing." I told her while my heart was beating faster than ever and she just laughed at me. "But I'm going to find out who told her where I live." I said with a frown.

"Why? As long as she won't bother you, it'll be fine." Hayden said and started walking towards her apartment. She had a point. I just stood there staring at her, mesmerized by the sight in front of me.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." Hayden said with a laugh, I grinned at her as she went inside her own apartment.

What a girl.