Chapter 4

Hayden

It's Tuesday and I actually have the day off work, even though I got promoted to manager, I still don't have many other responsibilities now. Elisabeth, our boss, said that I'm going to get more to do when I get back from the maternity leave.

It's a while until I'll get back to work, but I thinks it's going to be nice to get some other tasks to do than serve coffee and food. It can be boring sometimes, especially now that I can't really move around that much.

The pain in my stomach is very annoying and it's getting more intense. I tried to get an appointment sooner than Friday, but the doctor apparently don't have time until Friday. Which sucks because I'll really like to know what the hell is happening.

I groaned as I stood up from my warm bed, even though is LA it's cold. I walked out my room in just a pair of pjs shorts and a oversized sweater.

It was quiet and I didn't really like that, because this pregnancy has been quite difficult, I don't like being alone incase something happens. It's stupid to think that way, but I can't help it. I'm worried, I'm not sure if it's the pregnancy that makes me more anxious than I used to, but I like to put the blame on that.

As I was about to enter the bathroom, Amanda came out, scaring the shit out of me. "Holy fuck, I didn't know you were home." I said with a hand over my chest, my heart was beating so fast.

"I thought you were at work." Amanda laughed and shook her head, amused by the lack of knowledge we both had. I laughed and walked inside the bathroom.

"What are your plans today?" I asked as I put some toothpaste on my brush. I turned to look at her when I put it in my mouth.

"I'm actually going out to eat lunch with someone." She told me, avoiding eye contact. I furrowed my brows and gave her a pointed look. Amanda huffed and finally looked at me. "It's Caleb..."

I couldn't help but laugh, I knew this was going to happen. I stopped laughing when I almost choked on my toothbrush. "Well that sounds nice." I told her with a grin, she just waved me off as she wandered back to her room.

When I was done brushing my teeth, I went to make some food. I always brush my teeth before eating, I don't know why I do it.

After eating my food I went to grab some other clothes, since I had a day off and Amanda is going out I thought I would get some groceries. After I left home, I feel like a grown up, even though I'm still very childish and don't really look at life in a serious way.

That might sound wrong since I'm having a baby, but I'm 20 and no one is mature at this age. Trust me, everyone still acts like idiots.

After changing I decided to text Colby to see if he wanted to go with me to the doctor on Friday.

Hayden:
Hey, what are you doing Friday around noon?:)

Colby:
Not much.
Wait are you alright?
What?

Colby answered fast, he seemed confused since I texted him. Probably thought something was really wrong. At least that what it seemed like when he sent 3 messages.

Hayden:
I'm going to the doctor, and I would like it if you went with me. I'm sure everything is fine.

Colby:
Sure, I'll text you on Thursday.

We texted back and forth for a few more minutes before the conversation eventually died out. I realized after a while that I was smiling like a maniac when we were texting. I quickly shook it off and went to grab my purse and a few other items before heading out.

As I got the the store it was already 3pm. I went around to find everything I needed. It took me a while, but after half an hour of searching I finally had everything I needed. Therefore I decided to go on a small shopping trip, maybe walking around a bit would help with the insane cramps I had.

I went through a few stores and look at clothes, thinking I might find some. Which I didn't, it's not much that can fit a pregnant girl, and most of the stuff that actually do, looks weird on me. That's something that been annoying me so much, clothes look like shit on me.

Anyway, after trying to find clothes and getting groceries, I decided to head back to the apartment. It's not much else to do when you're pregnant, I've just been working and attempting to shop. I wonder what I'm going to do when I'm on maternity leave, if this is already my life.

I parked my car and did my best to bring all of the food and such up to my apartment. It went well and I put everything away, but then I remembered that I forgot my purse in the car.

I quickly went down to the garage to get it, as I was on my way back I started to feel dizzy. I tried to ignore it, since I was literally a few steps away from my apartment.

That's when everything went black.

(A/N)

Sksksk sorry for the cliffhanger, but I hope you enjoyed this chapter xx