Chapter 26 • Last chapter

Ten years later

The big grey house was beautiful on the outside. Big windows, two large balconies and it was the size of a mansion. In the back there was a swing and a few other kid toys.

On the swing sat a small brown haired girl. She looked sad and alone, the way she kicked the grass under her feet showed that she was saddened by something that had happened.

"Sophia?!" A small childish voice boomed and the girl looked up towards the back door of the house, a evil grin was now plastered on her face.

A boy around the same size as her ran out the door with a angry look on his face. "Soph, what did you do to my Batman?!" He yelled as Sophia gave him a confused look, like she didn't know what he was talking about.

"I don't know, maybe he died." The girl shrugged and jumped of the swing. The rebellious girl walked past the boy and headed towards the door.

"I'm going to tell mom." He said and ran past her, her eyes widened and she ran after him. Trying to make him stop. At the age of 6, getting yelled at is not cool.

Both of them ran inside the door and headed to the kitchen. "Mom! Sophia did something to my batman!" Damon, the little boy, yelled to his mother.

The 30 year old woman turned around and stopped making food. She frowned as the looked at her daughter, and then lightly shook her head.

"Sophia, give him his toy back. Damon, stop believing everything your sisters says to you." Their mom said and turned back to the stove.

"But mom!" Sophia cried, but the mom waved them of. A grunt came out of the little girls mouth before obeying.

As the kids ran of, the father entered the kitchen with tired eyes. He walked over to his fiancée and wrapped his arms around her as she made food.

"I don't know how you do it Hayden." Colby said and she turned in his arms to look at him, she leaned her head to the side a bit to show him to go on, as she didn't know what he meant.

"I mean, I'm super tired all the time from these kids and you're like superwoman. How do you do it?" Colby asked and took a few steps back. Hayden looked around to see if the kids was near them.

"I'm tired all the time, the twins made me go crazy but I try my best." Hayden said and Colby then saw the tiredness in her eyes as she did so. When they found out that she actually was pregnant again and with twins, Hayden decided to stay at home to take care of them the first few years.

It was hard at the beginning, but eventually she learned how to handle two crazy kids at the same time.

Colby pulled her in for a hug. "I still can't believe we ended up with twins." He chuckled as Hayden hugged him back.

"Crazy ones, sometimes I don't even know how to make them stop running around. Where do kids get all this energy from?" Hayden said and pulled back to look at him with wide eyes.

"If I only knew." Colby said and laughed, Hayden smiled up at him before quickly turning back to the stove, making sure that nothing had gotten burnt the few minutes she looked away.

The twins suddenly ran past them and out in the backyard, they both just shook their head as the two energetic kids did their thing.

Colby looked over at Hayden again, she was now busy making dinner. He would help, but every time he tried Hayden would throw him out of the kitchen for doing stupid things. Like playing with the food, boys never grow up.

"I love you." Colby smiled over at her, Hayden looked up at him with loving eyes.

"I love you too." She replied and gave him a quick kiss.

And then... I woke up.

Confused I sat up in my bed. I shook my head and looked around. Colby was now the same old and laying beside me in the bed. All of that was just a dream, I thought with a frown.

A couple of seconds later the frown turned into a smile, I looked over at Colby sleeping peacefully. I couldn't help but stare at him.

He really is the love of my life and I hope we end up spending our life together just like in the dream. My cheeks turned a light pink color as I thought about our future.

We might not have kids as we had in the dream, but I'm happy if I can be with him. We'll figure things out as we go, but right now I'm more in love than I've ever been.

A loud groan made me look down at Colby again. As he opened his eyes a warm smile was plastered on his face as he saw me, which made me blush.

"Good morning." His raspy voice told me that he was still tired. I smiled and laid down with him again.

"Good morning."

"What do you want to do today?" Colby asked and wrapped his arms around me, I snuggled closer to him and closed my eyes.

"Do we really have to do anything?" My eyes were closed as I talked, just enjoying my time in his warm arms.

A deep chuckle came from Colby as I said so. "Of course not, we can do whatever you want princess." Colby said and I turned to look at him with a frown.

"Princess? Is that a new nickname?" I asked him with a smug smirk. Laughter yet again filled the room.

Then Colby looked me in the eyes and I felt a bit nervous. "Of course, you're everything I want and you're perfect just the way you are. Therefore princess fits you." His voice was soft as he spoke, I felt more loved than ever.

"I love you, I really do." I told him, he nodded and his lips was now inches away from mine, I never thought I would feel this nervous around him, but at this moment i did.

"I love you too." He replied and our lips met.

The End.

A/n

THANK YOU ALL for all of the love on these two books! I hope you liked the ending, such a plot twist 😂

I can't believe something I've written as gotten this many readers! You guys make me smile.

I hope you'll continue following me and reading the other books I'm working on!

But anyway thank you so so much! Remember to tell me why you thought about the ending❤️