Chapter 17

Hayden

I walked inside my apartment with a big smile on my face and my heart was beating fast. He still had that affect on me and I couldn't resist loving the feeling.

"Where have you been?" Amanda yelled and threw a pillow on my face as I walked over to the couch. I burst out laughing sat down beside my best friend on the couch, she still looked mad which made me keep smiling.

"I slept over at Colby's apartment." I chuckled and she punched me in the shoulder. "What the fuck was that for?" I asked and rubbed my shoulder.

"For not telling me and running of to him in the middle of the night." She said and was about to punch me again, but I quickly tackled her in a hug to stop her.

We both laughed at that. "I'm sorry, but Jake was being loud and I was actually just going to yell at him, but I decided to stay and hang out with them." I explained and Amanda nodded.

"Alright, I'll stop hitting you." She said and I let go of her. "But what is going on with you and Colby?" Amanda asked and crossed her legs, I did the same thing and we sat there facing each other.

I sighed softly and thought about it for a moment. "I actually have no idea, I guess I'm beginning to fall for him again." I admitted. "I know Colby is still into me, but I don't know what is going to happen." I said and brushed my hair behind my ear.

"What are you afraid of?" Amanda asked me, my eyes widened as she caught me off guard. I didn't expect her to ask me a question like that and I didn't know what to say at first.

After a few moments of just thinking again, I finally got my answer. "The past." I said and looked down on my crossed legs.

"You know, he might have changed his behavior, grown up a bit." Amanda said and leaned back, now half sitting and half laying. I nodded in agreement.

"I know, but it's scary to risk getting my heart broken again, we both got our hearts broken." I sighed and put my head in my hands. Exhausted from all of the over thinking.

"Totally get that, you've been on your lowest point lately and he seems to make it better for you." Amanda gave me a look. I know he had been the one to lighten up my mood and mind.

"You're right about that." I said with a small smile.

Our conversation was interrupted when someone knocked on the door, Amanda groaned and I laughed at her before getting up. I opened the door and there stood the one and only Colby Brock.

"Brock." I said, greeting him. He smiled sweetly pulled me in for a hug even though we just saw each other.

"Gilbert." He mumbled into my hair, I chuckled and pulled away from the hug. I looked at him, waiting for him to tell me why he was there. "There is something I want to ask you." He sheepishly said and looked over at Amanda who was staring at us.

"Well, go ahead." I laughed and so did Amanda in the background. He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and nodded a few times. Which made me grin like an idiot.

"Would you like to go on a date with me?" He talked to fast i almost didn't hear what he asked me. A big smile grew on my face as I stared at him.

"Well..." I started but couldn't say anything before Amanda interrupted me.

"Just say yes you idiot." She yelled at me and I laughed at her before turning back to look at Colby.

"I would love to." I grinned at him and he yet again pulled me in for a hug. We stood there for a few moments, enjoying each other's embrace.

"I'll meet you tomorrow at 6." He said as he pulled away, i nodded with a sweet smile. Colby smiled back at me before he started to walk away from me. "Oh and dress nice!" He yelled as he walked backwards.

"I will." I smiled and closed the door. Amanda squealed and happily clapped her hands. I laughed at her and gave her a amused smirk.

"Fucking finally!" She yelled and pulled me in for a hug, I hugged her back and we both started talking about what I should wear.

A/n

Sorry for a short chapter, but I really promise the next one is going to be much longer!

Thank you so much for all the love and for liking these books🖤