Chapter 21

Hayden

I woke up because my head was aching like crazy and my throat was more dry than the desert. Lazily I got up from my bed and walked out on my room, the apartment was quiet and a frown appeared on my face.

Usually Amanda watches movies in the living room all day after a night out drinking, but the living room and kitchen area was empty. I frowned and dragged my ass over to her room. Carefully I opened the door just in case she was still sleeping, I didn't know if she still was mad at me for some unknown reason.

My frown deepened when I opened the door and found her room empty, I closed it again and decided to text her.

As I waited for her to answer my text about where she was, I got a bottle of Coke and sat down on the couch to watch some Friends.

My phone suddenly signaled me that I got a text and I quickly went to get it from the kitchen table. But it wasn't Amanda, it felt weird to me that she didn't want to answer me.

Colby:
Hey, what are you doing?

Hayden:
Dying, u?

Colby:
Same, want to die together?

Hayden:
Aw, sure.

I smiled at the conversation and waited for him to come over to our apartment, for some reason we always hang out at my place, but I won't complain. I like it here and it's amazing that we actually live so close again.

I'm not sure if I'm going to admit to Colby that I have feelings for him and is slowly falling in love with him again. But to be honest, I don't think they ever left, I guess I just locked them away.

Our break up was one of the hardest I've ever had and I literally got depressed by not being with him, so admitting my feelings for him to him, seems like a big step to take.

I jumped slightly in my seat as the door opened, for a moment I forgot that Colby was coming over and expected to see Amanda walking through the door.

"Hey." I sighed softly as he walked over to me. Colby was wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and one of his famous merch hoodies.

"You look sad." He said as he sat down beside me.

"Well Amanda just disappeared and won't answer my text, so I guess I'm a bit sad about that." I told him and he nodded.

"I still don't get what you did to her, do you even know yourself?" Colby asked me and I shook my head, not having a single clue on what on earth I had done to her. "That weird." He said and looked at the tv screen. A smile appeared on his face as he saw that I was watching friends.

"I know what you're going to say, but in my defense, friends is fucking amazing." I told him and give him a don't judge me look. Colby just laughed and put his arm around my shoulder. I smiled and snuggled with him.

My heart was beating fast as we were now in a cuddling position on the couch, I was sure that he could feel how fast my heart was beating as I felt his.

My eyes was focused on the screen, but my mind was all over the place.

"Can I ask you something?" Colby asked, I looked up at him and nodded. "What are we?" He asked and my breath quickened as I didn't know what to respond, was it time to admit it?

"I-" I started but was cut off by the door opening. We both sat up and looked over at Amanda, she looked our way before making her way to the refrigerator. Colby looked at me with a frown, but I just narrowed my eyes at her.

"What the hell is your problem?" I spit out with annoyance clear in my voice. Amanda turned to glare at me but didn't say anything as she walked over to her room. "Stop being such a bitch!" I yelled after her and stood up from the couch, I had enough of her attitude towards me.

Colby just looked at me with widened eyes as Amanda stopped walked and turned to look at me, if only a look could kill I would be dead by now.

"You really think I'm the problem here?!" She yelled back and threw her hands up in the air, I rolled my eyes in disbelief.

"Yes! You are the one to has been acting like a fucking child!" I yelled back at her, my anger was clear now and I didn't want to play any games.

I felt bad that Colby was here to witness this, but at that point I was too angry to even notice him.

"I'm not the problem, you are! How can you even say that I'm the bad person in this situation?" She took a few angry steps towards me, but I held me ground.

If felt like I was going to explode. "I didn't do shit." I angrily said back with a bitter smile.

"Face it Hayden, I know what you did. I can't believe you ruined this for me." Her eyes was starting to get glossy.

I looked back at the couch to look at Colby, but he had somehow escaped this situation without any of us noticing.

"What the hell did I do?"

"You should know that!" She yelled and o frowned, I didn't to anything to get her this mad at me, so confusion was starting to settle in instead of anger.

"I really don't know, so you should tell me so I can try to understand what is going on." I said and rubbed my face. I was still pretty hungover and this was not helping at all.

"You told Caleb that he shouldn't be with me for some reason." She snarled at me and I looked at her with a shocked face.

"I never in a million years would say that, I thought you trusted me more than that." I sighed softly.

Since I dated Colby I gained a lot of followers everywhere and Amanda slowly started to gain too after people found out that we were best friends. So clearly there was going to be rumors about shit that didn't even happen.

"Where did you even hear that?" I asked her and crossed my arms, uncomfortable about the whole situation.

"Twitter, people have been talking about it." Amanda said and looked down at the floor, I rolled my eyes annoyed that she would even listen to those people.

"Alright, I never said anything like that to him and second those people on the internet is just pissed that I used to date Colby." I told her and she eyed me for a few seconds.

"Well explain how they even knew I was seeing him." She stated, but it came out more like a question. I knew she was unsure about what to believe, because I had been there myself once.

"People literally find out everything, I'm sure some of Colby's fans already know that we have been with each other. It's just how it is." I sighed again and walked over to her, Amanda's glossy eyes met mine as I pulled her in for a hug. "I really wish that you didn't believe this stuff."

"Me too." She mumbled as she hugged me back.

It's horrible how some people would do anything to ruin you when you didn't do something wrong.

A/n
Lol idk what this chapter even was, but this chapters shout-out it for Afanficworld, thank you for reading and voting on every chapter!

And to everyone else, this book is close to the ending! So I really hope you have enjoyed it this far!
I'm working on a few other stories as well, one of Colby and another of Jake, so I hope you are excited for that.

Remember to show love🖤