Chapter 20

Hayden

As I was trying to put on my ripped jeans without making it more ripped than what it already was, Amanda stood behind me already looking great. She impatiently clapped her hands together as she waited on me to finish getting dressed.

"Really Hayden? How slow are you?" She asked and rolled her eyes, I glared at her and shook my head in disbelief.

"Why are you being such an ass today?" I asked, clearly annoyed by her bitching.

"I'm not, but we're going to be late." Amanda groaned. I shook my head and gave her a look before I put on a plain white cropped top.

"The party is at Colby's place and he literally live two seconds away from us." I told her and she rolled her eyes at me again. Wow, something really crawled up her ass and died.

Instead of answering she walked out of my room. Today Colby invited us to a small party he was going to have at his apartment. We of course said yes, but Amanda has been in a bad mood all day and we both are pretty much annoyed by each other at this point.

I looked at myself in the mirror and nodded, simple but nice, I thought and grabbed my phone before heading out to the living room. Amanda sat on the couch waiting for me as I walked out.

"Let's go." I said and walked towards the door, she nodded and walked after me. When we got outside the apartment we would hear the music coming from Colby's place, it wasn't that loud yet, so our neighbors wouldn't be mad about it.

We walked inside his apartment and some people were already there, Amanda walked over to Mike and Kevin, while I went to sit beside Jake. I didn't see Colby, so Jake was my best option. We had more to talk about than the others.

"Hi." I said as I sat down beside him, he turned to look at me and grinned.

"How are you?" Jake asked me and leaned back on the couch so it was easier for us to talk.

"I'm great actually." I smiled sweetly at him and he nodded, I looked around to try and find Colby, something that shouldn't be hard since the apartments weren't that big.

"Sam and Colby are on their way, they just went to get more booze." Jake said as he saw me looking for someone, I nodded and turned back to look at Jake.

"So, what are these rumors I've been hearing about you dating a girl?" I asked and wiggled my brows at him with a smirk. Jake laughed and gave me a amused grin.

"There might be something going on, but I'm not sure yet. As it is now, we're only good friends." He stated and I nodded.

"What is her name?" My curious self asked.

"Tara." He said and smiled as he did so, I awed at him and his cheeks turned a light pink, which made my smile grow bigger. Little bubba has a crush, so cute.

"Cute." I gushed with my hands on face, Jake just laughed.

Our conversation was cut off as laughter filled the apartment, we turned around to look at Sam and Colby as the laughed at something one of them said. A small smile appeared on my face as I got eye contact with Colby.

He walked over to the couch and bent down to hug me, his arms was around my shoulder and I laid my head back on his chest. "Hey." He whispered and kissed my cheek.

"Hi." I smiled brightly.

"You guys are so cute." Kat gushed as she walked over to us, we both chuckled and a soft sigh left my lips as Colby let go of me.

"You're cute." I told her with a wide smile, Kat laughed and pulled me in for a hug. We hugged for a few moments since he haven't seen each other in a while and it felt nice to get together with my old friends.