Chapter 2 (Edited)

I walked out of my third period class and headed to lunch, upset that I had four more classes. I had survived three classes without breaking down from the news that I had heard on Sunday. I didn't know if I would be able to hold onto my feelings for the rest of the class, but I was going to try.

My eyes had teared up, but that was it. I had wiped my eyes, making sure that no one had seen them and forced a smile on my face. I had pushed my feelings about the whole thing, putting them into a box, where all the other grief went. I closed them up, not letting people know that I was upset or depressed.

People stared at me, when I walked into the lunchroom. I was holding two binders in my hand and then I had my bag on my back. They whispered to each, other and I knew that they were talking about me. Some of them might be concerned about my well being, because I didn't talk that much in the class that day. Even though, I don't really talk to people. I've not been able to do that, because I was an introvert. However, I did usually talk to Belle, because I trusted her.

"Hey, Cal?" someone asked, making me turn around and look at the person who had talked to me.

My heart pounded a little as the boy, whom I've been crushing on since forever walked over to me, his dark gray eyes filled with concern. A frown was on his face, and I could tell that he was worried about me.

His wavy, brown hair, contrasted from my straight hair, fell into his eyes before he swept it away with a flick of his head. His tan body seemed to glow, as he moved through the lights, making his way towards me.

I had to stop myself from having my mouth wide opened and drool, as I looked over every inch of his well-toned body. He was my crush. He had always been my crush, but I don't think he knew that.

Raphael Anderson was his name, and he was the hottest and most popular guy in school. Instead of being a Senior, he was a Junior, like me. He stopped in front of me and seemed to smirk when he saw me speechless.

I cleared my throat and stood my 5'6 form, watching him. My heart was pounding, but I don't think he had noticed it. "Yes?" I asked, squeaking a little. I cleared my throat again and moved a hand through my hair, stopping myself for pushing his hair out of his face. "Yes? What is it?"

His smirk deepened as my voice squeaked. His smirk turned into a frown, because he remembered what he wanted to ask me. "Are you alright?" he asked. "You seemed a little out of it, more than usual."

My heartbeat quickened, and I wondered if I was going to have a heart attack. Raphael Anderson cared about me, Callie Evergreen, the social outcast of the whole school. I opened my mouth to say something, before I looked behind him to see that there were 4 other kids watching me. I pressed my lips in a firm line, seeing that Rebecca Williams was watching me, a smirk on her face. She sat besides me during first and second period, so she was the reason Raphael was over here, talking to me. Rebecca was Raphael's girlfriend, even though she looked like a slut.

Rebecca Williams was an all time Mean Girl and was popular in our grade. She had wavy, blonde hair and blue eyes that contrasted from Belle. Her eyes were cold with this evil streak in them, unlike my friend. She was very mean to people, especially me. She was a cheerleader, while I sat in my room, not going on to any of the football games

I hid back a cringe of guilt and regret, because I knew that he was only talking to me, because of her. He didn't like me that way. He never did and never will. I looked him straight in the eye, gritting my teeth together. Figures, I thought, folding my arms across my chest.

"Yes, I'm fine," I replied coldly, waving 'hi' to Rebecca. I glared at him, upset that I was falling into his trap "Why don't you go back to your girlfriend, and leave me alone?" I walked away from him, gritting my teeth again.

"You are not leaving so fast, Callie." He grabbed my arm, making me turn to look at him. He frowned, probably upset that I wasn't going to tell him. "What is the matter? I might be able to help you out."

"It is none of your damn business," I snapped, jerking my arm away from him. I wasn't a huge cusser, but he was pushing me. Didn't he know that he was the one that I really liked? I'm sure he didn't, so I wasn't going to say anything. It was a stupid crush, anyways. "Just, leave me alone. You can't help me, even if you tried."

And with that I ran into the girl's bathroom. I heard laughing coming from the popular table, knowing that they were laughing at me. I didn't care. I was hurting really bad, and I didn't know how I could go on. I cried in the bathroom for the rest of the lunch period, really wanting to go anywhere but here and home.